PDA

View Full Version : Going to the rear .. not

Scott Malbon
08-17-2004, 06:54 PM
Frustration this weekend. I was a bit faster (than the group I raced against) in qualifying but in the race seemed to get out-raced. Every time I got off line to try to MAKE a pass I would end up loosing a position. It's hard looking out the front and the back at the same time.

Scott

Quickshoe
08-17-2004, 07:08 PM
Scott,

During practice sessions work on making your car and you work together "offline". A more forgiving, more predictable balanced setup offline may cost you a few tenths in overall speed. But...road racing is about position, not speed.

------------------
Daryl DeArman

Chris Sawatsky
08-18-2004, 08:57 AM
I always make the mistake of spending all my practice laps hammering full speed through the optimal line.

But guaranteed that during the race at the spots where you need a little edge to make a pass or fend off a passer, you're not going to be able to use that line.

So practice the off lines, the rain lines, etc

Scott Malbon
08-18-2004, 05:53 PM
Thanks guys. Good advice. I had, indeed, concentrated on the fastest, ideal lap and avoided traffic, etc. I'll use some of my next test day to try some passing/defensive lines, driving style, etc.

Scott

m glassburner
08-19-2004, 02:31 AM
Try some endurance racing...lots of fun and it will teach you a lot about that...mike g. http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif