PDA

View Full Version : IT Lap Records

Gary L
06-25-2005, 07:43 PM
I'm looking for information on IT lap records at a couple of tracks. Based on the dates listed, I suspect the info on this website is inaccurate, and I can't seem to find the data elsewhere on the web.

Specifically, I'm after the current lap records for ITA and ITB at Blackhawk and Gingerman.

TIA

------------------
Gary Learned
Volvo 142E

datadude
06-27-2005, 07:58 AM
Track record for Gingerman ITB is ITC 01:42.419 66.081 Frank Schwartz Ford Fiesta 8/2/1998

Can't find the Blackhawk one

datadude
06-27-2005, 07:59 AM
Sorry, ITA for Gingerman is ITA 01:34.457 71.651 Rick Deshaw 8/2/1998

Gary L
06-27-2005, 10:01 AM
Thanks! So the data on this (IT) website would seem to be up-to-date after all, at least for Gingerman. I'm a little surprised those lap records have held up that long, but weirder things have happened. Maybe the Blackhawk data here on IT is in the same category... looks out of date, but ain't. In any case, if you know of someone that might be a POC for the Blackhawk records, I would certainly appreciate your pointing me at them.

------------------
Gary Learned
Volvo 142E

Knestis
06-27-2005, 11:53 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if quite a number of IT lap records are older than it seems they should be. Speaking from experience back in the '80s in the Northwest, there were a lot of illegal cars running very fast laps - that could not be duplicated today with legal hardware.

K

Gary L
06-27-2005, 01:21 PM
I must admit, the same sorta thought had crossed my mind...

------------------
Gary Learned
Volvo 142E

Knestis
06-27-2005, 02:00 PM
Maybe the answer is to change the "track configuration" (e.g., paint some new stripes or change a curb). Existing records could be listed with the subnote "old configuration," sort of like "wind assisted" records in track, or "chemically enhanced" batting records in MLB. http://ITForum.ImprovedTouring.com/smile.gif

K

JohnRW
06-27-2005, 02:38 PM
There are lap records, in some classes & at some tracks, from the 'pre-transponder' days that may never be broken. Sometimes, you could just win the big prize at 'T&S Bingo'.

It is just too convenient to blame 'illegal cars', but compliance efforts now aren't any different from compliance efforts way back then...

Gary L
06-28-2005, 07:18 AM
Interesting comment on pre-transponder days, but rest assured... we aren't out of the woods yet. I recently pointed out an incorrect lap record, as posted on an unnamed region's website. The record had been broken this Spring, but when the entry was made in various documents (and apparently the Orbits 2 software at the track, as well) the time entered was for a car in a different class, that happened to be on the track at the time the record was broken. Oops!

------------------
Gary Learned
Volvo 142E