PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl Graphics

Ron Earp
04-24-2005, 05:45 PM
Anyone have a fast source for vinyl graphics? I typically use Motorsports Graphics here in NC, a good group, but they are taking orders for May 28th delivery. I'm looking for someone 10 days or so out. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks,

Ron

------------------
Ron Earp
NC Region
Ford Lightning
RF GT40 Replica
Jensen-Healey ITS
1/2 a 260Z ITS

Knestis
04-24-2005, 07:34 PM
There should be a Quickie Sign or something similar in your area, that can turn stuff around, well ... quickly. The reason I sold my sign shop was that there was always someone opening a new one, willing to take a loss on everby job to underbid the existing competition. Do some phone comparison shopping and you can save some dough.

K

Ron Earp
04-24-2005, 08:46 PM
I'll check the yellow pages but I'd rather work with a "Motorsports" type place by mail order/email than a local non-racer do anything shop. I've tried the general shops for other jobs I get done for my business and it is just easier to work with one used to doing the type stuff racers need.

------------------
Ron Earp
NC Region
Ford Lightning
RF GT40 Replica
Jensen-Healey ITS
1/2 a 260Z ITS

jc836
04-24-2005, 09:05 PM
We use a 1 day place here that does all sorts of vehicle graphics. Our CRX numbers, etc were done by them. Thre are several shops in the greater Charlotte area that indeed cater to race teams. You might also look in Sports Car and GRM for a source.

------------------
Grandpa's toys-modded suspensions and a few other tweaks
'89 CRX Si-SCCA ITA #99
'99 Prelude=a sweet song-FOR SALE
'03 Dodge Dakota Club Cab V8-Patriot Blue gonna tow

racer14itc
04-24-2005, 09:23 PM
BSI racing has always done my graphics. Call Paul and he'll set you up!

MC

------------------
Mark Coffin
#14 GP BSI Racing/Action Digital/Airborn Coatings/Krispy Kreme VW Scirocco
http://pages.prodigy.net/Scirocco14gp

JLawton
04-25-2005, 07:10 AM
http://www.precisionmotorsports.com/

Even though they are in MA, I'm sure they can turn around jobs very quickly.

------------------
Jeff L
#74 ITB GTi

itbgti
04-25-2005, 09:09 AM
Ron,

I recently started a vinyl decal business on the side and can take care of your decals for you very quickly (within two days) and probably for much less than you are paying now (I have very limited overhead). Feel free to drop me a note, and I can send you some photos of recently completed cars.

[email protected]

Regards,
Alan

Note: if you go to www.the16v.com (http://www.the16v.com) and look for photos of the SM and SSM Flatout Motorsports Miatas, that is some of my work.

Ron Earp
04-25-2005, 10:10 AM
Alan,

I'll email you shortly.

Ron

------------------
Ron Earp
NC Region
Ford Lightning
RF GT40 Replica
Jensen-Healey ITS
1/2 a 260Z ITS

gsbaker
04-25-2005, 10:29 AM
Ron,

Just a thought, but you might try some of the companies that rent race cars, like a SRF customer service rep or one of the SM outfits like BSI, as mentionted above. They make up driver's name graphics on short notice for rentals.

G

itbgti
04-25-2005, 11:25 AM
Ron and all,

I just researched a competitor's vinyl package and price and have come up with the following:

I can provide (2) driver names, (2) door numbers, (1) hood number, (2) class decals (ie. ITC, ITB, etc.), and (1) each, small number and class for rear of car

ALL FOR $49 plus shipping (red, black, blue, white, green, yellow, etc...standard colors)
Shipped within 36 hours

Add only $24 for shadows/backgrounds.

Custom designs (company name, other logos) are available well below industry prices...I am VERY honest, if it is simple to design/cut, you will be charged accordingly.

SIDE NOTE: Who do I email about setting up an ad on IT.com?

Regards,
Alan

Nick Leverone
04-26-2005, 07:23 AM
Ron,

We have used Alan for all of our recent decals, he works quickly and does a great job. You can see our cars at www.flatout-motorsports.com (http://www.flatout-motorsports.com).

------------------
Nick Leverone
04 ITS Mazda Rx-7
www.flatout-motorsports.com

gsbaker
04-26-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by itbgti:
...SIDE NOTE: Who do I email about setting up an ad on IT.com?

Regards,
Alan

Alan,

Try the hoempage, i.e. http://www.improvedtouring.com/

Also, do you do graphics in volume, say 1000 at a pop?

------------------
Gregg Baker, P.E.
Isaac, LLC
http://www.isaacdirect.com

itbgti
04-26-2005, 12:45 PM
Gregg,

I can do large quantities, dependent upon on the design/layout of the graphic. Example: Your ISAAC graphic can be done in large quantities, so please shoot me a note at [email protected] and we can talk over your request (plus I have some good "fun" ISAAC sticker ideas)

Also, I have already received quite a few requests from this thread, along with some additional questions...some ideas:

I can produce the following in addition to standard Vinyl Graphics:

-License plates with your company name, logo, car number, class ~$3-7 each
-Paddock Vinyl banners (average cost is $12 per foot on the banner....so $60 for a 32inch by 5 foot banner)..put your company name, logo, contact info, website, services, etc for all to see
-"Parking Only Signs"....place your car number, class, your name, car make, or whatever you want on a "Parking Only Sign"...great for a paddock space ~$5-9 each

There are other products I can provide, but I would like to set up an ad on the site and do it right (I have received the info on who to contact...thanks!) But in the meantime, feel free to email me with any requests.

Regards,
Alan

[This message has been edited by itbgti (edited April 26, 2005).]

Bill Miller
04-26-2005, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by itbgti:
Ron and all,

I just researched a competitor's vinyl package and price and have come up with the following:

I can provide (2) driver names, (2) door numbers, (1) hood number, (2) class decals (ie. ITC, ITB, etc.), and (1) each, small number and class for rear of car

ALL FOR $49 plus shipping (red, black, blue, white, green, yellow, etc...standard colors)
Shipped within 36 hours

Add only $24 for shadows/backgrounds.

Custom designs (company name, other logos) are available well below industry prices...I am VERY honest, if it is simple to design/cut, you will be charged accordingly.

SIDE NOTE: Who do I email about setting up an ad on IT.com?

Regards,
Alan

Alan,

Sounds like a great deal!! That's a lot less than I paid for the same thing on my old ITB Rabbit GTI. Way to go!! And, I love the idea of helping a fellow racer out!!!! You can bet I'll call you when I get the HP car painted!

------------------
MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI (sold) | MARRS #25 HProd Rabbit
SCCA 279608

codmotorsports
05-10-2005, 09:48 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that i own a "Specific" motorsports graphics shop in Harrisonburg, VA. VBD Graphics We are currently doing all of Team PTG's BMW graphics (the F1 Air cars) and tons of other stuff. We are not just a "sign shop", we truly specialize in motorsports graphics and we can travel to you or you can bring any car or trailer to our 5,000 sq. ft. indoor facility and leave it with us until we get it done. To schedule anything at all just call my operations manager Brian, at: 540.433.3128 or visit us on the web at: www.vbdgraphics.com (http://www.vbdgraphics.com) thanks for the time guys, we would love to help any of you out... WE ARE SCCA Racers too... BMW E46 M3 and ITB VW GTI Greg Shaffer