PDA

View Full Version : Double Regional Entry Fees?

JeffW
12-18-2004, 06:35 PM
In RMDiv the fee structure for a weekend is as follows. $220 if you run a single day. $260 if you run both days. Not bad if you are able to run both days. A bit pricey if you can only run one day. Especially when the 2005 schedule has 4 weekends that have only single regionals available. Two of those weekends are DS/Reg weekends, one is a R/N, and the other is a R/6 hour Enduro.

I have seen entry fees from a couple other regions, and they are $140/$255 and $150/$250 for single/double.

What is the fee structure in your region? Please include a link to your region's website so I can print them and present them to my Board of Directors at the January meeting.

Thanks,

Jeff

racer_tim
12-20-2004, 01:41 AM
Jeff, SFR had 2 Double Regional's in 2004.

ThunderHill = $350
Laguna Seca = $485

We also had a Double National @ TH = $395

Also, our Regional / National @ Laguna Seca = $ 395.

Standard Regional Prices for 2004

ThunderHill = $200
Laguna Seca = $275
Sears Point = $235

This all came from

http://www.sfrscca.org/RoadRacing/Supps-Re...regsRev8_04.pdf (http://www.sfrscca.org/RoadRacing/Supps-Regs/2004SUPregsRev8_04.pdf)

------------------
Tim Linerud
San Francisco Region SCCA
#95 GP Wabbit
http://linerud.myvnc.com/racing/index.html

Marcus Miller
12-20-2004, 09:51 AM
Cal Club rates for last year:
Regional: 210
National: 225
Dbl Ntl.: 310
dbl Regional: 295

From here:
http://www.calclub.com/html/html2/2004Supp...egulations2.pdf (http://www.calclub.com/html/html2/2004Supplemental_Regulations2.pdf)

Marcus

Andy Bettencourt
12-20-2004, 02:24 PM
I don't know everything about this stuff but Dick can chime in to add:

Before 'bringing' other data forward, you really should know the following...

1. Costs of the tracks you are running
2. Number of entrants needed to break even
3. Amount of 'profit' your Region is trying to make

It would be great to have our entry fees be, to the penny, the exact amount it would cost to run the event, but it can't happen. Every region takes a risk at every race it puts on. If too few cars show up, it's a loss. If a ton show, there is profit. You look at the trends and make your call from there but nothing is perfect.

To know that our "Cheap Date" Double at NHIS was $185 for both days, the "Pig Roast Double (at the same track) was $280 or a single day at Lime Rock may be costing us $325 is irrelevant unless you have data you need to understand WHY the costs are what they are.

I would get with your Regional Competition Board Chairman and simple ask this question:

"More and more, competitors are discussing the high costs of racing at "X" track in "X" Division. Can you help me understand why the costs are this high and what we as members can do to bring those costs down?"

May seem elementary, but I bet it works.

AB

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
New England Region, R188967
ITA project SM
www.flatout-motorsports.com

dickita15
12-20-2004, 07:33 PM
what jeff seems to be upset about here is the balance between running one day vs. the double. I understand that the double is not always available to you. the region does save some money when a given driver in the same car runs two events in the same weekend but is less that 50 bucks. any bigger discount than that is a marketing decision by the region. understand that if they lower the price of one event they will have to raise the price of the double.
dick

JeffW
12-20-2004, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the replies. I don't mind $260 for a double regional, especially when I see the California rates. Dick is right about my having a problem with paying $220 for a single. Particularly when I don't have the option of a second race that weekend. ( i.e. DS/Reg, Reg/Nat).

As I see it, two solutions are possible.

1) Set the rates at $160/$260 for the single/double. It looks like other regions can work on those percentages. (Besides, Kennedy and Reagan stimulated the economy by reducing marginal tax rates. Similar principal here.)

2) Run Reg/Nat-ResReg. That way the club gets ALL of the entry fees. Regional-only classes get two days. Losing 50 IT, SM and S7 entries for the entire weekend can't be made up by the addition of maybe 30-50 National cars that may, or may not, run the previous day's Regional as a tuneup.

National guys like the R/N format over the N/N in the event they break something on the first day of the double national. Being broke down for a double national will likely result in an expensive tow to another division to get the coveted points to make the Runoffs. Legitimate concern. Give them a R/N, but add the ResReg for the rest of us.

Jeff

dickita15
12-21-2004, 10:43 AM
Jeff,
you are on the right track in that you are suggesting multiple solutions to the inequity that you see. members that offer solutions are welcomed more than those that just complain.
that said lowering the cost of the single without makeing up that lost income to the region by raising the cost of the double probably won't fly. to do a fair analasys you need to know on a given weekend how many single entries they get, how many double entries they get and what one needs to be raised to lower the other.
you can certainly make a case that regional racers should not subsidise national racing and that the entry fees for each group should reflect the actual cost to run each event. with schools however many regions do feel that it is okay for we active racers to subsidise drivers school in order to grow the sport.
dick