PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Enduro's Longer than 3 hours?

Green Flag Inc
12-16-2004, 07:32 PM
I know this thread probably belongs on the Endurance Racing board but this discussion board gets a whole lot of attention and it seems when I post something on the endurance thread I get 2 responses and it dies on the vine.

I'm hoping to run a variety of enduro's that are more than 3 hours in length in 2005 with an ITS level RX7 and can't seem to get a decent schedule. I'm aware of the Summit Point 12 hour race, the Homestead 12 Hour race, the VIR 13 hour race (though not on a schedule yet) and the Thunderhill 25 hour race. I've heard that Texas might have one and I think Gingerman runs one. Does anyone have any input on adding to this list? It would be club racing level but the sanctioning body doesn't really matter.

Any help would be appreciated!

------------------
Chris Brubaker
ITS #99 - CFR
[email protected]

Knestis
12-16-2004, 08:12 PM
It relates only indirectly but I ran into a NCRegion guy who's actively involved in running the ERC series and it sounds like they are seriously considering making their generally longer than they have been. It would be cool if some mid-length events (4-6 hours?) come out of this conversation.

I think it would be great to have an enduro "super series" that picked some key events and put them together.

It should be regional - at least at first - to allow us to gain traction on the concept without having to break the budgets on travel. It might also be a good idea to start with just the common classes - those recognized by all of the events under consideration - to passively encourage regional event administrators to look at what others are doing, and ask if there might be some benefit to alignment.

I had a list of events on one of my sites - http://www.it2.evaluand.com/events.php3 - but it's not current.

K

JeffW
12-16-2004, 10:05 PM
RM Div has a 6 hour twilight race on the schedule at Pikes Peak International Raceway in late October as part of a regional/enduro weekend.

Jeff

jhooten
12-16-2004, 10:22 PM
SWdiv does a Saturday Regional/Sunday 6 hour enduro in November each year. For 2005 it will be 19/20 November on the 2.9 mile course at Texas World Speedway near College station.

A track map can be found at:
http://www.texasworldspeedway.com/

BMW RACER
12-16-2004, 11:44 PM
Sopac does a six hour at Buttonwillow I'm pretty sure it's Saturday June the 18th starts at 5pm finishes at 11, then breakfast and beer, back to hotel and a casual drive home Sunday. Great fun, plenty warm and not at the end of the year like all the others.
John Norris

MMiskoe
12-16-2004, 11:49 PM
I think Nelson Ledges is doing their 12 hour again, this time in middle June.

EMRA usually does a night 4 hour in late November at Summit.

Chris Wire
12-17-2004, 12:24 AM
I'd definitely be in favor of extending ECRs in SEDiv to 3 hours on occasion. Eliminate the morning race on Sunday (I know CFR has them) and run the enduro from 8:30 to 11:30. You could lower the entry fees for the non-enduro classes and up the fee a bit for the extra track time.

Let a portion of the entry fee contribute to the worker party on Sat. evening in honor of their extended service the following morning.

Doesn't have to be every weekend, but a few times a year at different tracks would be nice.

------------------
Chris Wire
Team Wire Racing
ITS Mazda RX7 #35
[email protected]

datadude
12-17-2004, 10:25 AM
12 Hours at Nelson Ledges will be on July 22-23. They can't do it in June because it is too close to Summit's Enduro. The track will have a test day on Friday for $200.

Marc Henry
12-17-2004, 11:12 AM
Midwest council has a 10 hour event on labor day weekend. There was talk in the past that this could become a 25 hour event, but haven't heard anything concrete.

------------------
Datsun 280ZX #12 WMR