PDA

View Full Version : new American Iron type series

karluver
10-27-2004, 07:31 PM
A couple of drivers are getting together. We were thinking of starting our own American Iron type of series for the North East. We would run the exact same rules as AI but we would be independent of NASA (their sanctioning body). We would run most of EMRA’S events in our own class, but we would also run some American Iron races at Summit Point (but keep our own points according to our finishing position).
We would run a 12 race series but only the best of 10 would count towards points. We would put in an extra $25 above the entrance fee for a end of the year points fund.
If interested let me hear your thoughts. We have 4 cars committed so far. If we could get 10-12 cars , we could have quite a good series for next season. So far I have the only Chevy ( I hate Mustangs), so some GM cars would be nice. ITE cars, A sedan cars and almost any other American car are eligible. There would be 2 classes, one with a power to weight ratio & wheel and tire limitations the other class is open. If you want to know the rules just go to the NASA web site. You can e-mail me with any questions. Thanks Charlie
[email protected]