PDA

View Full Version : OK Who???

Don
10-22-2004, 09:08 AM
This may not be totally related to IT but I
hope to be moving up from IT soon and have looked in the GCR AND SCCAs Website for the correct name and address (I assume its probably the Topeka address listed in the GCR but found nothing to confirm) to send in a request for classing in Production as a limited prep car. I think this info should be listed in the GCR some were but maybe I just missed it? ?

Bill Miller
10-22-2004, 05:07 PM
Yep, the Topeka address is the place to start.

------------------
MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI (sold) | MARRS #25 HProd Rabbit
SCCA 279608

Don
10-23-2004, 11:55 PM
Thanks, but I read about the proposals that seem to "get lost" I spent allot of time and energy rounding up FIA papers etc...
So if I just mark it SCCA It could wind up on anybodies desk right? The last time I had a discrepancy with a mistake in the GCR some helpful person on this board told me to send it to a certain person and bam it was fixed within the month and I got several e-mails on its progress. That sounds like a rare occurance from a few of the posts? http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif
This is different because is dealing with production not IT so I dont think it should go to the same person.

apr67
10-24-2004, 10:32 PM
I would suggest Jemry Tomes (spelled wrong) in the club racing technical department. You can find his email on the website.

RSTPerformance
10-25-2004, 02:40 AM
I spoke to some comp board members and basically all you need to do is tell them you want to be classified, get them as much info and your suggestion and then they will do a little research and there own evaluation and it will be classified. They want as many cars that are running IT to go to production but they don't have time to go through every car. If you are serious they will classify it for you no matter what. They want production numbers to go up. They also will only classify limited production going forward. No more full prep, why, because they wnat it to be as easy a transition for IT cars as possible. Our National racing is as simple as a letter! Go for it and head to the Kohler runnoffs! Good luck and stay safe

Stephen

gsbaker
10-25-2004, 07:21 AM
Here's how to reach Jeremy:

Jeremy Thoennes
Technical Manager
SCCA Club Racing
PO Box 19400
Topeka KS 66619
(800) 770-2055
[email protected]

G

Don
10-25-2004, 08:40 AM
Thanks allot for the info http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

hornerdon
10-25-2004, 11:24 AM
If you haven't heard it before, you may be surprised to find that "Thoennes" is pronounced like "tennis".

------------------
...Don