PDA

View Full Version : Only one day left on this auction!

Wayne
10-15-2004, 09:22 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...=ADME:B:SS:US:1 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4320977266&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1)

lateapex911
10-15-2004, 11:11 PM
Interesting....a basic home in Greenwich CT is about the same money...but the Greenwichites frown when you do burnouts ...even in your own driveway- party poopers!

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

Bill Miller
10-16-2004, 08:08 AM
Jake,

A basic house in Greenwich is $4M??? http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/eek.gif

And I thought NJ housing prices were high!

------------------
MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI (sold) | MARRS #25 HProd Rabbit
SCCA 279608

Greg Amy
10-16-2004, 09:52 AM
"Basic"? Probably not, but "uncommon"? No way. The property taxes are driving out families from Greenwich that have been there for, literally, a century or more.

Wayne
10-16-2004, 12:28 PM
Can you guys imagine waking up in the morning. Sipping a cup of coffee while looking out over turn 5. The sun is just starting to come up, the stillness in cool morning air. The track should be fast this morning.

You walk over to the garage area and climb in your race car. As the sound of the un-muffled exhaust shatters the silence of the day, you decide, today is a good day to run some laps.

As you pull the car onto the track, you don't have to worry about merging with traffic, because there is none. You are alone, just you, the uncorked violence of the race car, and the broken serenity of the track.

You take it easy for a couple laps while warming the car, and trying not to spill your coffee as it sits in the cup holder. Once the engine is warm, and coffee gone, you let her rip. You have a wide open track to push your driving to the limits. You turn some laps that you are just sure would be track record breakers...

Yeah, yeah, I know. You should have the full complement of scca safety workers on each corner in case something goes wrong. You should have ambulances, life flight helicopter, tow truck and emergency rescue truck in case something goes wrong.......
Heck, you should probably even have a lawyer present in case something does go wrong, and you have to sue yourself (the track owner).

The very next day you are entered in an scca race at your track. You crush the field in a dominating victory. Amongst cries of protest of unlimited track practice, and an illegal cup holder on the dash...

Wayne

Bill Miller
10-16-2004, 12:33 PM
Wayne,

Several years ago, there was an ad in the Autoweek classifieds for a house w/ a track on the property. It was someplace out west. That was my idea of the perfect house, one w/ your own private test track!

------------------
MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI (sold) | MARRS #25 HProd Rabbit
SCCA 279608

x-ring
10-18-2004, 09:35 AM
Yeah, that's my home track, about 35 minutes from my house.

Reserve was reliably reported at $4.2M

Minor problem: only the south half of the track has been blessed by the SCCA insurance people so at SCCA sanctioned races turn eight is the left (in that photo) end of the oval and the left half of the track is unused. It will require around $150K in earth and concrete work to get it fully approved.

------------------
Ty Till
#16 ITS
Rocky Mountain Division