PDA

View Full Version : Comp license renewal

Wayne
10-06-2004, 11:45 PM
My license is up in November. Do I need to have the renewal paperwork to hq by the 1st of November, or by the 30th?

Wayne

RKramden
10-07-2004, 12:09 AM
It should be there now.

Make copies before you send it in.

Your current license is good thru the 30th, but on December 1st, you will want to have your new license in hand. Having mailed in the paperwork by then doesn't cut it.

joeg
10-07-2004, 08:58 AM
Wayne--shoot that paperwork in now!

(then call them up in a couple weeks to inquire. They (Central Licensing)are especially accomdating this year because of their computer changeover slowing down renewals.} They have always been polite and friendly.

Cheers.

Wayne
10-07-2004, 09:50 AM
I guess I need to push back the lead time on the physical. For the last 5 years I've been able to schedule the exam in less then a 2 week window. They are 4-6 weeks out these days. Not as bad as 6 months for a dental appointment though.

I'm done for the year, and don't actually need the card until April of next year.

Wayne

Wayne
10-07-2004, 03:47 PM
Well, seems I'm caught in the "insurance cycle". I get a physical every year whether it's required for my license or not. 5 or 6 years ago when I first started doing the annual physicals, I scheduled them in September. Which corresponded pretty close with receiving my renewal paperwork from the scca (on those years).

The problem comes in that my insurance says I can't schedule a new physical until one year after the previous one. This cycle progressively pushes my physical date out each year. Last years exam was on Oct. 29th, this year, the soonest I can schedule it is the first week of November. And of course next year it will be even later.

I asked the doc to give me a quote if I paid cash for the exam vs using insurance. I'm thinking it will be expensive eh?

Wayne

x-ring
10-07-2004, 06:07 PM
I asked the doc to give me a quote if I paid cash...

I got caught in the same BS last year. I think the cash price was around $275 with the step test.

------------------
Ty Till
#16 ITS
Rocky Mountain Division

lateapex911
10-07-2004, 06:42 PM
I hate the whole insurance/medical thing. And I am the luckiest guy because I found the perfect doctor. He's actually a "Doc in a box", AKA an Immediate Care Facility.

When I am due, I call up and find what days he's on. Then I call on the day and tell him I'll be up. I usually go near the end of the day, but not at the end. He can then take me when it's best for him. Its such a peice of cake anyway. Most years he puts me last, locks the door and we BS about his S2000, his motocrossing, or my racing while he fills out the papers. Sometimes he even looks at me !

Cost? $Used to be $55, but after 15 years, we're up to $75. Cash works best. http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif

He's in CT for anyone local.

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

Wayne
10-07-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by lateapex911:
He can then take me when it's best for him. Its such a peice of cake anyway. Most years he puts me last, locks the door and we BS about his S2000, his motocrossing, or my racing while he fills out the papers. Sometimes he even looks at me !

Just make sure you guys are not talking about something that really gets him riled up when he is doing the rectal exam. http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/eek.gif

Diane
10-07-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Wayne:

The problem comes in that my insurance says I can't schedule a new physical until one year after the previous one. This cycle progressively pushes my physical date out each year. Last years exam was on Oct. 29th, this year, the soonest I can schedule it is the first week of November. And of course next year it will be even later.

I've been fighting this as well for a few years. I always schedule mine in January. It's been this way for 14 years. A couple of years back my doc was on vacation and I was pushed to the 3rd week. The next year they told me I had to go to a date after that.

This year I got someone who didn't say that and my appointment was earlier, and insurance paid without a problem.

That is one of the dumbest rules I have ever heard of, as long as you are within a couple of weeks plus or minus it shouldn't be an issue.

Blue Cross by chance? We have had more problems with them this year. http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/frown.gif

Diane

[This message has been edited by Diane (edited October 07, 2004).]

Wayne
10-09-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Diane:
Blue Cross by chance? We have had more problems with them this year. http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/frown.gif
Diane
We are with Aetna.

Wayne