PDA

View Full Version : Web address to complain about not publishing regional race r

Doug Ford
08-20-2004, 06:25 PM
If we all complain we can show them (scca & Sports Car) how we feel and they will start putting the results back into Sports Car.

Remember the sqeeky wheel gets the grease!

http://www.sccasportscar.com/customer_service.asp

------------------
SpeedSource rx-7 ITS #12
1995 BMW 325is White
2001 supercrew white (tow vehicle)
Regional Executive Midsouth Region #66

tschwenke
08-23-2004, 08:39 AM
I am on two messages to the timing and scoring folks locally to at least get the results to MyLaps. If everyone put the results there I could care less about the mag then.

Why are they not forcing the regions to give us something for the transponders we all purchased?

rjohnson999
08-23-2004, 11:05 AM
Because "they" don't currently have the authority to do so. Besides, you're getting timing and scoring. At the rate we've been going, without transponders it's doubtful you'd see grids before Tuesday at some events and results a month later.

Originally posted by tschwenke:
I am on two messages to the timing and scoring folks locally to at least get the results to MyLaps. If everyone put the results there I could care less about the mag then.

Why are they not forcing the regions to give us something for the transponders we all purchased?

benspeed
08-23-2004, 03:05 PM
Doug - how the heck are you? I posted my request that SportsCar resume publishing the results. I'd like to see who the top guys are from other regions. I want to know who I'll be racing when I make it to GT1 after I've won the lottery.

Cheers,

------------------
BenSpeed
#33 ITS RX7
BigSpeed Racing
[email protected]
NNJR

RacerBill
08-23-2004, 03:26 PM
I am trying to restrain myself.

I wrote an email to the Club Racing department in Kansas, and received a reply to my request to see Regional race results in Sports Car. 1) They (SCCA National Staff) do not have the time to rearrange all the results from Regional races for publishing (but they do have time to do that for the National races - my comment). 2) The results that would come in would be in too many different formats to post electronically. 3) the results are available at the event. And 4) they are available on the individual Region's web sites.

This was the response from the SCCA National office.

1) I don't go to every race around the country, which is impossible when there are multiple events on the same day.
2) Not all regions have web sites.
3) MyLaps shows only very minimal information. I am trying to find out if there are others running my make/model car to get pointers from.
4) If I am not mistaken, the National office gets a complete set of results from every race. It may be in paper form, but still, just scan it in and drop it into a acrobat document, and post it on SCCA.org.
5) I am trying to get participation numbers for regioals, but my gut feeling is that there is more participation at the regional level (add up all the entries for each race).

rant mode off

I do believe that we need to show National, in a resonable manner, a solution and a justification for that solution.