PDA

View Full Version : Need help with new fridge

BMW RACER
08-16-2004, 10:19 PM
I'm sure that everyone who has a shop fridge has a ton of stickers on it, I mean how can it possibly keep the beer cold without those stickers. Well my fridge died and my new one is blank and is in need of new and different stickers. I've saved the doors off this and the one before (hung them on the wall as art).
If anyone can send me stickers I'd gladly repay the postage (I'm too cheap to pay for the stickers themselves) if you trust me.
Thanks in advance.
John Norris
2221 Colby ave
Los Angeles
Ca. 90064

Knestis
08-17-2004, 01:39 PM
How many 'fridges ago did you use up the extra MOMO, KONI, and - most importantly - VAS Nomex stickers from the Alliance?

Kirk

(who has a good memory for such things)

gsbaker
08-17-2004, 03:30 PM
Look on the bright side. At least when you plug in the new one, you have electricity to power it.

Gregg (I hate hurricanes/I hate warm beer) Baker

BMW RACER
08-17-2004, 03:59 PM
Kirk.
Those stickers are certainly long gone. I loved sticking the Momo stickers on upside down "OWOW" I do still have my VAS drivers suit I won at Laguna. Can you believe that was 20 years ago?!?!
What a great series that was, I think more top drivers came out of Renault Cup than any other series. And Mulholland Drive created more Alliance Cup drivers than any "drivers school"
Cheers.
John

RFloyd
08-17-2004, 04:41 PM
Oh, I see... from the subject I thought you guys were going to build a Volvo... http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif

------------------
Richard Floyd
'86 Acura Integra LS #90
SCCA ITA / NASA ECHC H5

Bill Miller
08-17-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Knestis:
How many 'fridges ago did you use up the extra MOMO, KONI, and - most importantly - VAS Nomex stickers from the Alliance?

Kirk

(who has a good memory for such things)

Kirk,

I've still got some VAS Nomex stickers around somewhere (I think). I bought my first driver's suit from Victor, when he had his shop out at Bridgehampton. I had no idea his stuits had made it out west.

------------------
MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI (sold) | MARRS #25 HProd Rabbit
SCCA 279608

Knestis
08-17-2004, 07:43 PM
VAS Nomex was a contingency sponsor for the IMSA Renault Cup (at least the West coast Alliance series).

http://it2.evaluand.com/images/renaultcup85.jpg

Note the sticker on the front fender.

K

EDIT - that's not me, by the way. I was the Flavio to Brian Towey's Fernando - he's running a Spec Miata in ORE region and arguing against my contention that you have to spend huge dough to be competitive in those cars...

[This message has been edited by Knestis (edited August 17, 2004).]

Bill Miller
08-17-2004, 10:22 PM
Yep, on the lower part of the front fender, right behind the wheel. And to think my mom drove an 'Appliance' in the 80's! http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/biggrin.gif

Victor was a great guy. I understand he's still selling suits and stuff w/ Dennis from Hot Shoe Racing, out at Pocono.

------------------
SCCA 279608

lobster
08-18-2004, 09:44 AM
Wow look at all thoses stickers! Is that what held those Alliance's together? or did it make them faster? just kidding I think I still have viedo (beta) of a couple Riverside races of those! Stickers I will see if I have any old ones maybe even a MOON Buggy!!! Thats dateing myself huh? Glenn

P.S. John do you still owe me a beer or do I? See you a Willow in October

BMW RACER
08-18-2004, 03:34 PM
Glen. I don't remeber the beer status (maybe too many beers) But I'll gladly trade you beers for stickers. Why aren't you going to BURP in September?
John

lobster
08-18-2004, 04:02 PM
John would like to go to Buttonwillow again but $$$ dictate otherwords. also want to race a Willow Springs the car used to do pretty well there and with the upgrades it should be quite fast! Glenn

racer_tim
08-18-2004, 06:27 PM
I've seen those same wheels on an IT Wabbit. 13x6 weren't they?

I still have a set of 13x5.5 Ronal's that were spec on the Bilstein Wabbit Cup. Currently mounted with rains.

------------------
Tim Linerud
San Francisco Region SCCA
#95 GP Wabbit
http://linerud.myvnc.com/racing/index.html

BMW RACER
08-18-2004, 09:23 PM
I wonder why "spec" classes are huge in the rest of world, but never seem to catch on over here. When they do everyone loves them, Alliance Cup and Spec Miatas are a case in point.

Yup those were 13x6 MOMO's on the Renault.

Knestis
08-18-2004, 10:16 PM
The stickers provided the money that kept the car togehter, if that's what you mean. We didn't know enough then to understand what made one car quicker than another - besides the obvious cases of driver talent involved. That was part of the learning process.

I have a tape of the American Sports Cavalcade feature of the Laguna race where Parker clinched his championship but would love to see that Riverside race (if anyone has a Beta machine). We ran the last IMSA weekend they did there.

If you see any of those MOMO's still on racing cars, warn the users to retire them. The centers eventually WILL pull out of them.

K

Bill Miller
08-18-2004, 11:45 PM
Kirk,

I've actually got a set of those that I use on my HP Rabbit. They came w/ the car. Are they really that bad? I've since aquired 2 sets of BBS wheels. I also have a set of 13x6 Rials, but one is broken.

------------------
SCCA 279608

Knestis
08-19-2004, 08:09 AM
I've heard of enough failures that I would be very leery of them. If they haven't been repainted, they can be cleaned and inspected to watch for cracks between the holes. A typical casting failure is a crack propogation situation that has to start at some external point but even at that, we had a guy break a brand new one at Laguna and total his car. Be cautious.

K

Bill Miller
08-19-2004, 05:48 PM
Kirk,

Did they fail around the interior ring of holes? Like I said, they came w/ the car, and w/ the scarcity of 13x6 wheels, I figured I'd use them. But, I've got a guy that's into retro stuff that's interested in buying them to put on a '75 Scirocco street car.

------------------
SCCA 279608

lobster
08-19-2004, 08:42 PM
Well lets hope we get to run 14-15" wheels soon! This always worrys me too! Glenn P.S. I was jokeing about the stickers I race a Green ITB Pinto so I have to joke allot http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

Knestis
08-19-2004, 08:58 PM
I confess that I don't remember for sure but i think that it was the inside circle of holes that tended to fail.

K

BMW RACER
08-21-2004, 05:37 PM
Thanks toTim Linerud "Racer Tim" For sending the sticker care package. Looks like I owe you $1.52 for postage, would you like that in cash or beer when I come to Thunderhill in November?
Thanks again
John Norris