PDA

View Full Version : I realized how big of a car nerd I am....

Jiveslug
08-12-2004, 07:13 PM
So, Im outside in the parking lot at my work today and I notice a silver Jetta sitting there. I did the cursory inspection, looking to see if it was a manual tranny, what kind of motor (1.8T), etc, etc. Then I noticed that the lug nuts looked a bit funky. I looked closer and discovered that they use allen wrenches. Lug nuts with a little hex pattern in them. How novel. So, I walk into my office and ask who owns the Jetta. No one in the immediate area knows and one lady asks me why. I told her that it has interesting lug nuts... She looked at me as if I had gone completely insane..... Sigh......

Jive.

Blix
08-12-2004, 10:49 PM
"Hey Lady...nice nuts..."

You're lucky all you got was a wierd look.

E

lobster
08-13-2004, 09:16 AM
Jive, Boy have you got it bad, everytime we see a mini I yell "MINI" at first my wife though I was insane now she does it to! But when I said it aroud some of the guys at work they were looking for a mini skirt... Glenn

planet6racing
08-13-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by lobster:
Jive, Boy have you got it bad, everytime we see a mini I yell "MINI" at first my wife though I was insane now she does it to! But when I said it aroud some of the guys at work they were looking for a mini skirt... Glenn

I thought I was the only person that did that!

------------------
Bill
Planet 6 Racing
bill (at) planet6racing (dot) com

Racerlinn
08-13-2004, 11:27 AM
Same issue in my household, but it involves my 7 yr. old son and 4 yr. old daughter sceaming at the top of their lungs "HUMMER!"
It is now a competition (everything becomes a competition between the two of them - I can't wait to get the girl into a junior kart as I have a feeling she is going to whip on the boy) that generally leaves one of them in tears if they loose.

------------------
Steve
'92 ITS(A?) Sentra SE-R
www.indyscca.org

m glassburner
08-13-2004, 12:43 PM
I remember playing slug bug !! What fun......my shoulder is having sympathy pains now... http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif mike g.

gsbaker
08-13-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by m glassburner:
I remember playing slug bug !! What fun......my shoulder is having sympathy pains now... http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif mike g.

And a convertible was worth two slugs!

Gregg

therooster
08-13-2004, 05:53 PM
"everytime we see a mini I yell 'MINI' "... My brother and I played a variation of this as kids after "punch buggie" got too disruptive to my parents. We whould count how many roof racks we could find, scream "RACK" and kept count. Who ever with the most won. Not many cool cars back then to scan for... Its been 20 years but I can remember strange looks when we did it when driving with other relatives.

Chris