PDA

View Full Version : Targa Newfoundland Co-driver Wanted

racer-025
08-05-2004, 01:15 PM
We are competing once again in the 2004 Targa Newfoundland Tarmac Rally in September. We have two converted ITA Honda CRX's ready for battle, but we need one more co-driver or navigator. This ia an extreme high-speed Tarmac Rally that includes 40 Performance Stages and 45 transit stages totally 1600 miles over 7 days.

It's an amazing motorsport adventure that has 87 teams from around the world already signed. Last year, we won our class, placed 3rd in the Modern Division and 8th overall.

This would be a Fly-in and ride deal. If anyone would be interested, please shoot me an email for more details. We need a 4th person.

Bruce McNutt,
bmcnutt at auracom.com

edit: check it all out at www.targanewfoundland.com (http://www.targanewfoundland.com)

[This message has been edited by racer-025 (edited August 05, 2004).]

Knestis
08-06-2004, 11:44 AM
Post a note on specialstage.com and I'll forward your message to the NC Rally list.

K

racer-025
08-06-2004, 12:30 PM
Thanks Kirk, I'll do just that.

How about you jumping into this game?

Knestis
08-06-2004, 01:52 PM
I guess that I should ask if this is a shared drive (drivers take turns in each seat) or true "co-driver" position.

I've got 40+ events in the right seat of a pro rally car but started having problems with car sickness. Once you've puked in a closed-face helmet, you know to avoid things that are likely to cause it.

Then there's the problem of vacation time. I just got back from a full month on the beach and my co-workers are cranky enough as it is...

K

racer-025
08-06-2004, 02:58 PM
Yeah, it does take 8 days (minimum) to do this event. So it will chew up 5 days of vacation. It could be a shared drive 50/50 or full navigator. Steve & I did 50/50 last year. I drove the morning sessions and we switched at noon. I don't think you would experience the same type of motion problem as you would in a Pro Rally. We only got air-bourne about 5 times and of course, sideways on asphalt many times, but it's a totally different feeling.

Something to think about....

OTLimit
08-06-2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Knestis:
Once you've puked in a closed-face helmet, you know to avoid things that are likely to cause it.

K

I know someone who was in Memphis doing a National in an AS Camaro, not feeling well at the start of the race, and it was really hot. He threw up in his closed face helmet (I could get more graphic but won't), never slowed down, and ended up winning the National. Needless to say, his friend that came with him drove him back to St. Louis.

------------------
Lesley Albin
Over The Limit Racing
Blazen Golden Retrievers