PDA

View Full Version : Mosport viewing tips?

benracin
08-02-2004, 04:32 PM
this may have little to do with IT, but I was wondering if anyone had any tips on where to watch the races at Mosport? My dad, brother and I are heading up there for this weekends SPEED and Le Mans races. Thanks. Anyone else going?

Ben.
ITA #33 Rx7
Land O Lakes

JohnRW
08-02-2004, 05:15 PM
Still my favorite track on earth. Best viewing spots (IMO):

On the hill, driver's right (i.e. inside the track), at the entry to T2. In the world of motorsports, THIS corner takes the biggest 'cayoons' of any, anywhere. Downhill, blind, off-camber, double apex. The racing equivalent of a 'carrier landing'. Even scarier before they moved the outside wall back, down at the bottom. On a scale of 1-10, this is an 11. From here, you can see race traffic all the way from the exit of the front straight 'til they get to the apex of T3. And...there is a concession stand right there on the hill. Beer (yay !). Get there early.

or

Outside of Moss Corner (5A & 5B). If you're on the bank outside 5A, you've got a pretty good view of everyone making the big dive thru T4, too. Go thru the tunnel in the lower paddock (betwen T1 & T2), and walk or drive as far around the outside of the track, past T3 etc.. There are trails to get you there. Wear hiking boots.

Also...make sure you wander around in the sand hills and woods of the infield, down near T4 and Moss Corner. Amazing little world of creeks and glades etc. down there.

benracin
08-03-2004, 11:24 AM
Well thanks mister! There sure is a lot of cool racing going on that weekend. Anyone else going?

Ben.

23racer
08-05-2004, 02:18 PM
I will be there racing my 2ND Gen RX7. More World Challenge than IT mod level. We will be in the Touring GT race Saturday afternoon. I have 12 years experience at Mosport (Firehawk, Enduroseries, Regionals, etc...) and can run the track at night with no lights on. Actually did that once in 92 24 Hour Firehawk/ World Challenge Double header, but that is another story for a different time.

My personal favorite place to watch a race is at the top of Turn 2 as previously mentioned, but a really interesting place is the inside of Turn 9 back at the crest of the hill. You can really get a sensation of speed there as well as being able to see the aero at work.

Drop by and say hi and we can swap war stories.