PDA

View Full Version : Super Stock Indoor Racing...anyone see this???

itbgti
06-28-2004, 05:04 PM
This past weekend on Motorsport Mundial (Sunday at about 7;30 am) they showed a series from I believe France. Indoor auto racing, on what appears to be a 1/16 mile track...all low horsepower Renaults, Peugots, etc. Top speed could not have been 40mph...

THIS RACING IS GREAT! No glass what-so-ever, they start 4-5 across, 30 cars or so on the track...cars are flipping left and right...they LEAVE the flipped cars (after a VERY brief caution to remove the drivers) and they continue on. It reminded me of roller derby with cars.

Bill Miller
06-28-2004, 05:55 PM
Alan,

I caught this last night. Unfortunately, I caught the tail end of it. Looked like a hoot!

------------------
MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI (sold) | MARRS #25 HProd Rabbit
SCCA 279608

Geo
06-28-2004, 06:55 PM
OMG! I nearly wet myself!

At one point a car did a cartwheel and landed on the hood of another car. The driver was gunning it and sawing at the wheel and going nowhere of course. Then, the car underneath started driving with the car on the hood!

That was more demo derby than racing. Hell, Figure 8 racing is more racing than that. Hehe. Funny as hell though.

------------------
George Roffe
Houston, TX
84 944 ITS car under construction
92 ITS Sentra SE-R occasionally borrowed
http://www.nissport.com

JeffYoung
06-28-2004, 07:26 PM
I saw that and thought, the French finally GET Saturday night dirt track racing. I saw a Renault 2CV race car BEAT DOWN a Dodge Omni. Too funny....great racing.

How about the "corner workers" who would run into the MIDDLE of the track and wave yellow flags?

Seems like the key to it all was driving through the flipped cars. They were the major obstacle by the end of the race.

Fun stuff, will watch again.

Mike Cox
06-28-2004, 08:49 PM
That was in France?

I thought it was a NE div. IT race. (lord knows we drivers in the SE div. have never touched each other on the track)

I saw it too. Unreal action and the Citreon racing around was classic. Have never seen them just leaving the cars on the track and making them into chicanes.

How would you like to be a corner worker at that race?

Mike

Knestis
06-28-2004, 10:23 PM
That was in France and it WAS nuts. Stock car racing in England is very much the same kind of deal. I was reminded that I want to own a little oval track some day when I retire and I'm going to create a Rallycross series with cars just like that - head to head on a mixed surface track about 3/4 of a mile long...

K

lateapex911
06-28-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Mike Cox:
That was in France?

I thought it was a NE div. IT race. (lord knows we drivers in the SE div. have never touched each other on the track)

Mike

Ha ha. Funny.

So, Mike, c'mon up! We'd love to have some new guys! Can your heart handle it?? Kidding! http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif

Last two races we had over 32 ITA cars in one and 25 in the other, if I remember correctly.

I saw that and those guys...jeez..do they over rev or what!

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

JeffYoung
06-28-2004, 11:56 PM
Citreon 2CV, Citreon 2CV, got to learn my "Freedom" Econoboxes.....lol

That was a great show. Much better than the NASPOOP races on ovals, although I still will take in a local roundy roundy Saturday night race. Character, banging and fun.

JLawton
06-29-2004, 06:32 AM
Is it going to be on again? Please post if you see it scheduled!!

Knestis
06-29-2004, 07:12 AM
Watch for Motorsport Mundial (World Motorsport) on SPEED - it tends to air early and late in the day on the weekend. That episode might be done for the week but you could check SPEED's web site for programming, i think.

K