PDA

View Full Version : in need of a good IT7

Mike Cox
05-07-2004, 08:38 AM
Guys, I need your help. My student in the last driver's school wants to buy a good solid IT7 to race. We had one lined up in Florida and the guy who owned it backed out. If anybody knows of a good IT7 for sale please contact me.

Thanks

Mike Cox

[email protected]

813-927-9011 cell
863-644-7683 home

Mike Guenther
05-07-2004, 12:23 PM
Mike, I haven't completed my IT-7 project car yet, but it is close. I have the roll cage welded in and the front and rear suspension mounted. You know all the stuff I had in my suspension. The body needs a little fiberglass around the rear window and then the paint. She can have her pick of my Andy Gustus motor, or the Carl Sloan motor. Both are very strong. I paid Carl $4000 for the motor alone. I'll make a very attractive package deal with plenty of spare parts including transmission. I have a ton of first gen parts. If you and she are interested, give me a call and we'll work out a really good deal depending on how far I take it or she completes the assembly. Pick the motor and the paint color.

steve s
05-09-2004, 03:46 PM
mike carlos's car is for sale $7500.00 .it has the best stuff .you know the car and it is a winner. he can race it in june at sebring for your customer to see and take it from the track that way you know you are getting the real thing. ITS car on the way forces sale.call carlos at 305-970-7494.see you at sebring or moroso next weekend.

------------------
steve saney
it-7 /it-a #34

timelapseracing
05-10-2004, 09:22 AM
I just spent the weekend at VIR at the MARRS/SARRC race and was pretty impressed with the IT7's. Do the rules for the class allow any different engine modifications than normal IT - are they street ported? They were substantially faster than the ITA rx7s.

Sorry this may be OT, but I thought it would be a good place to ask.

Thanks,
Jason.

------------------
1989 ITA 240sx - #21 MARRS Series
Currently with a large hole where the #2 rod left the block.

x-ring
05-10-2004, 10:31 AM
I'm not an expert on Spec7 rules, but I'm getting the feeling that the rules vary quite a bit from region to region. IIRC the Spec7 rules in RMDive are pretty restrictive, tighter than IT rules.

------------------
Ty Till
#16 ITS
Rocky Mountain Division

Mike Cox
05-10-2004, 02:45 PM
To answer your question on the rules. The SE division rules for IT7 are exactly the same as ITA. We follow the same guidelines in the GCR as all other IT cars do.

BUMPnGO
05-10-2004, 04:03 PM
WOOOOOOO! 4 grand for a Rx7 motor now?? I was looking at the Honda motors on ebay for $399!

Mike Guenther
05-10-2004, 10:55 PM
Yea, I think it was a bit much now that I'm looking back on it. But at the time I really wanted to go faster like a couple of questionable IT-7's in the Fl region. Carl assured me that it had the best of everything and was still legal. I finished in 2nd place behind Mike Cox in 2002. That car got T-boned by a crash Miata last June, just after I bought a 2nd gen. The motor was starting to feel like it was getting stronger as it was breaking in. I don't know if it is worth that much money, but when you're not a mechanic and you want the best you can get, you end up paying more hoping that you get a bang for the buck.
Anyway, I've got that motor and another built by Andy Gustus that's also very strong. One is going into the car I'm building and the other is for sale. Both are pickeled in Marvel Mystery Oil, to keep the seals fresh. Offers? [email protected]

pgipson
05-11-2004, 12:22 AM
<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\"> I'm not an expert on Spec7 rules, but I'm getting the feeling that the rules vary quite a bit from region to region. IIRC the Spec7 rules in RMDive are pretty restrictive, tighter than IT rules. </font>

RM Div and SoPac have essentially the same rules (except tires) and they are the most restrictive. Full interior, no header, cast iron apex seals,spec suspension, etc. In SoPac our cars have to weigh 2530 with driver. SW and Nor Pac regs have the most open rules with a lighter weight (2300# with driver I think), more engine mods, but similar controls on suspension. I think the WDC rules are more like SW.

But in all regions, Spec 7 seems to be falling off in car counts. In AZ Region we had about 20 to 25 cars at each event last season (our season just ended). A few years ago we had 30 -35 car fields all the time. I don't believe that Cal Club has anyone running Spec7 any more. All have migrated to Pro 7 with the more liberal rules. From what I have heard, Spec7 seems to be fading. Maybe it's time we adopted IT7 here and pick up some of the ITA RX7's we have?

Geo
05-11-2004, 10:15 AM
Mike,

Ironically enough I just got an e-mail from my buddy I was telling you about.

Here's his car:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2477978812 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2477978812)

------------------
George Roffe
Houston, TX
84 944 ITS car under construction
92 ITS Sentra SE-R occasionally borrowed
http://www.nissport.com

Jim Innella
06-03-2004, 10:47 PM
Mike, If you are still looking for a good IT7 I just decided to sell mine. If you remember the car is built right and was good enough to have a rookie driver like me racing up front in the SE region. Car comes race ready with three sets of spare Hoosiers (2 sets with 2 and 3 heat cycles) , set of new ISC rotors, misc. bearings , rear end and everything else I will find when someone comes to pick it up. Since I moved to N.C. my plans to run the car up here have been stalled. My 13 year old sons racing is keeping us busier than ever and I don't see an opportunity to get my racing in. If you remember the car is built right , very safe, good looking and fast.The last time I raced it at Sebring (June 2003) I qualified it 2nd behind Gig (1/10th off pole) and nearly a full second over the rest of you guys. Finished 2nd in the race- Mike , you know my driving ability - it was mostly the car. Anyway , I am asking $7600 with all the spares. Me and the car are located just outside Greensboro NC. I know it is a bit of a haul for a Florida racer , but it would be worth it. I bought it in Maryland when I lived in Ft Lauderdale after looking at 5 cars in Florida and I never regretted it. Let me know if you have any interest.Wish I was down there racing with all you guys again. Maybe someday.
Jim Innella
IT7 #60

Jim Innella
06-03-2004, 11:13 PM
Posted some of the specs on the car in the classified section for those who are interested
Thanks Jim

Doug Ford
06-04-2004, 05:31 PM
I have a 2nd gen car for sale built by rotary performance. This car actually hold the Summit Point track record I will sell for $8000 see listing in for sale add. I have a friend that wants to by mine that might sell his IT7 car if interested e-mail me at [email protected] and we can talk.

------------------
SpeedSource rx-7 ITS #12
Rotary Performance ITS rx-7 (for sale)
1995 BMW 325is White
2001 supercrew white (tow vehicle)
Regional Executive Midsouth Region #66