PDA

View Full Version : Brakes for F150

JLawton
05-11-2004, 08:03 AM
Need pads and rotors for my 2002 F150. What are some good pads and sources? Anyone tried drilled or slotted rotors (I warped mine)?

Thanks!!

------------------
Jeff L
#74 ITB GTi

Knestis
05-11-2004, 08:06 AM
Another vote for a tow vehicles and trailers forum...

K

joeg
05-11-2004, 08:57 AM
You bet, K!!

Just took delivery of my new Duramax Diesel Crew Cab. When your talking about these turbo diesels, your talking about the ITS of the towing world.

As for brakes, try a Performance Friction pad. However all OEM brakes are pretty lousy for warpage. Has something to do with "asbestos-free".

Cheers.

planet6racing
05-11-2004, 09:31 AM
Don't go with drilled rotors for the same reason you shouldn't go with them on a race car: Thermal Capacity. You'll need all of it the one time you need to make that emergency stop!

PF pads supposedly work well, but I've had problems with my brakes since I installed them. I don't think it is the pad, per se, but something ain't right. This weekend when I did some work on the trailer, the van stopped better with the trailer attached than it does without!

------------------
Bill
Planet 6 Racing
bill (at) planet6racing (dot) com

lobster
05-11-2004, 10:07 AM
Hi gang just my 2 cents, Try Bendix fleet met FM we get great feedback at the shop about all kinds of brake shoes and pads. The only drawback is some noise complaints from a few consumers. i am still not sold on the ceramic pads (some dusting, squeeks, pad were issuses and not for towing yet...)Also do you have the light duty brakes disc/drum or Hd disc/ disc 7 lug. Glenn

IStock
05-11-2004, 11:26 AM
check out:

nationalfleetparts.com