PDA

View Full Version : Threded Collars to be used in Board review

Racy-Stacey
03-11-2004, 06:40 PM
From Fast Track news.

IT
1.Allow threaded collar shocks and struts in the IT category. (poelti) Tables for review on the impact it would have on all classes.

I believe this could be a good thing. For instance cars that dont have a lot of spring options available to them could take advantage of this. As well as the cost for trying different springs looking for the ones that work for a certain ride height. Buying springs and springs can get expensive. Also they just dont install themselves. And Alignments fees vs. running a couple of turns to get just what your looking for. in a one shot package.

So whats your view on this if the comp board appoves it?

------------------
Toodles,
Stacey_B AOL IM: SCCAStaceyIB 1990PGL (http://www.scpoc.com/Car%20Profiles/stacey.htm) SCCA STSL "Girls Do It Better" Cal Club T&S, BWRP,WS,Lag,Hallett www.scpoc.com (http://www.SCPOC.com) : www.probetalk.com (http://www.probetalk.com) Racing is my life. Winner One Lap of America 2003- SSGT2 class 1996 Ford Probe GT.

[This message has been edited by Racy-Stacey (edited March 11, 2004).]

RSTPerformance
03-11-2004, 07:17 PM
I don't think it has any inpact on anyone as you can already do that now, you just have to use a sleeve.

The only difference will be the "rich" people who can afford threaded body shocks wont have to spend the extra $50.00 a corner for the coilover kits.

Raymond Blethen

badal
03-11-2004, 10:38 PM
Stacey,
If I read your question right, you seem to think you will be able to put coil overs on a car with a different type spring-torsion, leaf, etc?
This is not the intent. The intent is to allow a threaded body shock, instead of the non-attached sleeves.
The rule requiring the original type of spring would not be changed.

------------------
"Bad" Al Bell
ITC #3 Datsun 510
DC Region MARRS Series

grjones1
03-12-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by badal:
Stacey,
If I read your question right, you seem to think you will be able to put coil overs on a car with a different type spring-torsion, leaf, etc?
This is not the intent. The intent is to allow a threaded body shock, instead of the non-attached sleeves.

Al,
I see you are selling your Miata (or a Miata). Are you bringing the 510 back to C?
GRJ

grjones1
03-12-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by badal:
Stacey,

Al,
I saw you are selling your Miata(a Miata). Are you bringing the 510 back to C?
GRJ

Racy-Stacey
03-12-2004, 01:46 PM
No no .. I understand that you will be able to change out non-ride adjustment shocks for collard shocks only.. Sorry if I gave that impression that you could run collard shocks on a leaf spring car.. didnt know I conveyed that in the least... anyhoo that wasnt my intention.

[This message has been edited by Racy-Stacey (edited March 12, 2004).]

badal
03-12-2004, 09:29 PM
Stacey,
In that case, I agree with Raymond.
GRJ- The 510 is in the Bell Motorsports Museum. No plans to run it, but you never know.

------------------
"Bad" Al Bell
ITC #3 Datsun 510
DC Region MARRS Series

[This message has been edited by badal (edited March 13, 2004).]