PDA

View Full Version : What is the track record for ITS at RA?

ITSRX7
03-08-2004, 12:32 PM
Just noticed Chet W. ripped the field this weekend with a 1:40.2xx found on mylaps.com. I am assuming he ran his BMW that blew up at the ARRC...

Can anyone confim this domination? AWESOME!

AB

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
06 ITS RX-7
FlatOut Motorsports
New England Region #188967

kthomas
03-08-2004, 02:01 PM
That is correct, 1:40.2. New track record. But it was a slow track. Expect 1:39's before the year is out. Time to buy a Bimmer.

------------------
katman

bobpink
03-08-2004, 02:26 PM
Noticed that the ITS field was looking pretty slim...but congrats to Chet for taking two wins during the weekend and raising the bar a little bit further.

------------------
Bob Pinkowski
Atlanta Region SCCA
OPM Autosports
ITS Honda Prelude (for sale)

[This message has been edited by bobpink (edited March 08, 2004).]

dspillrat
03-08-2004, 03:27 PM
Hoping to hear of some results.

What kinda qualifing times were turned?

175 pounds would go a long way towards preventing ITS becoming the 325 class....saying this should in no way detract from Chets driving ability. He's held it "record" last couple of years anyway.

David

Originally posted by kthomas:
That is correct, 1:40.2. Time to buy a Bimmer.

Tom Donnelly
03-08-2004, 04:13 PM
Go to www.mylaps.com (http://www.mylaps.com) for the results.

1:39's at Road Atlanta is good for E-Prod and AS. And Chet's just getting warmed up.

Tom

jhill
03-08-2004, 11:15 PM
Congrats, Chet, on your new record.

The complete mastery of the big "Mo" that SM requires in conjuction with the big "HP" the BMW brings is a killer combo.

And just think, Keith - All done without the unnatural aid of remote reservoir shocks.

Just don't miss a shift, Chet!

Jeff

kthomas
03-09-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by jhill:

And just think, Keith - All done without the unnatural aid of remote reservoir shocks.

Jeff

Yup. I hope all the whiners that got them banned FEEL better about that 1:40.2. Like I said 2 years ago, won't change a thing on the grid- all it did was force those that had them already to spend money converting back. Just another tax on "rich" people.

------------------
katman