PDA

View Full Version : Sports Car Revolution on Speed

Monkeywrench
02-22-2004, 12:09 AM
Anyone watch it? This show is the Grassroots Motorsports magazine of tv shows. SCCA seems to be putting out quite a bit of money for this. Showing alot of Speed GT, Touring Cars. It's hosted by the guys from Dream Car Garage. Really down to earth and is ALL about sports cars. Non of that bling bling all show crap. Awesome show. I can't wait for the next.

planet6racing
02-23-2004, 10:38 AM
I wouldn't say it was an awesome show. It was good to see them talking about actual performance, not just bling. But, if that RSX is going to race in the SCCA, why is it getting a Stoptech brake kit?

Anyway, as for the show, it definitely needs some producing. I felt it jumped around too much and I had no idea whether they were going to get back to segments they started earlier in the show or if that was for future episodes. Also, it could really do without the swearing and the bleeping. And, why were they driving, at speed, on course, WITHOUT HELMETS? Yeah, that sets a good example...

While it's good to see the SCCA getting its name out, I'd really like to see it done better. I know we need to appeal to the younger drivers, but I still want to see a quality product...

------------------
Bill
Planet 6 Racing
bill (at) planet6racing (dot) com

Knestis
02-23-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by planet6racing:
...if that RSX is going to race in the SCCA, why is it getting a Stoptech brake kit? ...

Because Stoptech wrote a check to the company that owns the production.

K

USGUYS
02-24-2004, 12:28 AM
They are only going to make the car more track worthy. But I like the fact that they keep tracking about joining a club. I don't SCCA is putting any money into the show except maybe buying a commercial.

Bill Miller
02-24-2004, 08:08 AM
And, why were they driving, at speed, on course, WITHOUT HELMETS? Yeah, that sets a good example...

I guess I wasn't the only one that this jumped out at. http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/rolleyes.gif

------------------
MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI (sold) | MARRS #25 HProd Rabbit
SCCA 279608

Hracer
02-25-2004, 02:56 AM
I saw this show for the first time tonight. It was excellent. It's exactly a show about what I've always wanted to see out there on TV. Sure it needs some fine tuning, but the main ideas and topics were great. Maybe I liked it so much because I watched (but just couldn’t watch all of it) that absolute joke Tuner Transformation or whatever it's called right before. http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif During the whole first half of the show I honestly did not know whether they were joking or being serious. Lol

Either way, I really hope Sports Car Revolutions has a lot of success.

------------------
Alex
#2 ita

Silkworm
02-25-2004, 04:44 AM
There's another one thursday night called Chop something... I saw the first episode, looked interesting.. Not as race oriented like SCR, but I liked it.

Tuner whatever is a joke.. Someone needs to go watch American Chopper a few thousand times to get the GOOD parts of that show and not the stupid parts. They're trying way too hard to be funny.

PauLC

7racing
02-25-2004, 11:51 AM
Agreed on Tuner Transformation. I saw the one with the new RX7. I think they boosted HP to 206 or something like that. Mazda says it comes stock with 238 in the 6-speed transmission. Not sure how they pulled that off and made it look "cool".

SCR was great. The only issues I have are that they focused on a tuned Corvette. I think they could reach more demographic by keeping it to the cheap hot-rods (Acura, Nissan, Subaru, etc). However, every sportscar has its place.

The final rant about keeping the racing was good, but didn't have the right attitude to it. Instead of the overweight/balding/"old" guy image talking, use that recording artist to do it. Add some attitude. Make it appealing to the 20-30 somethings.

Then again, what is the demographic they are going for? I figured it was the import/drag race crowd, but I could be wrong.

Jeremy

benracin
02-27-2004, 02:16 AM
I don't get that tuner transfor show. I saw the one where they are making a drift car. They say what they are going to do, you never see them actually do any mechanical work, the parts just show up on the car. The body kit they got for the car needed an auto body repair shop to cut the bumper, wheel wells, weld stuff on. Was this kit made for the car at all? And they said it was easy to put on! Anyhoo, the car shows up all done, they start it, and that's it! It never hit the road! Did it drift? Did it even move! Whew, well there's some raving.

As for SCR I liked it. They took a guy who spent something like 80 grand on his import and put it on a dyno. He thought he had like 180 hp, dyno said 150 or something. Pretty funny.

The lack of helmet is pretty funny since they tend to make a point of saying drive safe, don't race on the street. I like how they add some real racers and there comments and go over exactly what each addition to their tuner car produces. Now if only I could start a show where companies gave me free parts to put on a free car. Hmmmm....