PDA

View Full Version : Endure 13 hours at VIR?

Knestis
02-26-2004, 09:46 AM
I have officially started planning for entering the Golf the "Baker's Dozen" endurance race at VIR, October 22-23.

The simplest plan would be to run it in SSC but I wouldn't rule out doing a bolt-on suspension transformation (and maybe gearbox) to put it in ITB. The latter would make it a bigger threat if the weather is dry and the provision of parts might get someone a seat (hint, hint).

The philosophy would be to start the race with a car that IS going to finish and spend the absolute minimum time possible in the pits, even if it doesn't turn the fastest race laps.

If anyone is interested in participating, drop me a line with some indication of what you might be interested in bringing to the party.

K

JohnRW
02-26-2004, 12:13 PM
I saw that on the NCR schedule...guess I'm not going to Nelson Ledges that weekend, as I normally do.

There are generally more SSC cars than ITB cars at looooong enduros. Most of the IT cars tend to be a little more highly strung, and SS cars are...well...SS cars. I can predict at least 2-3 other SSC entries right now, even though we're 9 months away.

Bring it as an SSC car.

JRW/SSC enduro vet