PDA

View Full Version : COBALT racing brakes??

flyguy12
12-08-2003, 10:23 PM
Has anyone tried the new Cobalt racing brake compound? I've run it a few times and have found them to be much like the Hawk blue pads. I think they even have a better compound coming out in January?? My question is what do others thing about these pads because they seem to do the same job as the Hawks but at a better price?

flyguy12
12-10-2003, 07:43 PM
I guess not many of you have tried the Cobalt Pad. I think it is a great product on my ITS RX-7. You can really save some money on these pads. I got mine for $99 front and $68 rear with their SCCA discount. Just thought I would give a heads up. They also have a website www.cobaltfriction.com (http://www.cobaltfriction.com) that is helpful.

"When the greenflag drops, the bulls%*t stops"

Eagle7
12-10-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by flyguy12:
I guess not many of you have tried the Cobalt Pad. I think it is a great product on my ITS RX-7.
Which one? What have you compared it with?

------------------
Marty Doane
ITS RX7 #13
CenDiv WMR

flyguy12
12-10-2003, 11:29 PM
I am running the Cobalt spec B compound on the front as well as the rear. It is slightly more progressive than a Hawk blue but its overall performance is almost exactly alike. It has strong initial bite and is real consistant. The new compound is the spec VR. I spoke with a sales rep from the company and this pad is supposed to be far better than the spec B compound and is supposed to be more rotor friendly than any Hawk application.

TypeSH
12-11-2003, 12:25 AM
I use the Spec VR on the front on my Prelude and Spec C on the rear. I have 5 weekends on this setup and they are not even halfway worn. The feel similar to my old favorites the Porterfield R4 but they wear much better.

I took my S2000 to a DE this last weekend and put the Spec VR on the front. They only wore 3mm for all 4 front pads combined during the 9 twenty minute sessions.