PDA

View Full Version : What's happened to ITS in particular & IT in general?

bldn10
11-04-2003, 04:22 PM
I have been thinking about getting back into racing after a 2-year layoff but am somewhat concerned about the state of ITS. The last time I ran the ARRC in 2001 there were 37 ITS cars but this year we will be lucky to see 30, but even that would be an improvement over last year. The most disturbing stat is that of those 37, only 3 - yes, 3 - are entered so far this year! Is it the class or the ARRC or what? I know a lot of people have switched to SM - is that it? Or the necessity to have a $20,000+ car to win in the SE? Please share your feelings on the future of ITS; I don't want to be climbing onto a sinking ship. Say it ain't so!

bobpink
11-06-2003, 08:59 PM
The BMW 325 is pretty much what happened to ITS. This car when prepared and driven well is pretty much untouchable by anything other than another BMW.

Most of the former ITS drivers I know have either gone to Spec Miata or E Production.

------------------
Bob Pinkowski
Atlanta Region SCCA
OPM Autosports
ITS Honda Prelude (for sale)

ITSRX7
11-06-2003, 09:41 PM
Before we blame it on a car (which is distinctly possible in the E36's case), where do the 2003 participation numbers fall for A, B and C?

Attendence may be down accross the board.

ITS participation in the Northeast is UP - ~20 cars per Regional. Great racing, great people.

AB

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
06 ITS RX-7
FlatOut Motorsports
New England Region
www.flatout-motorsports.com (http://www.flatout-motorsports.com)

[This message has been edited by ITSRX7 (edited November 06, 2003).]

SilverHorseRacing
11-07-2003, 12:31 AM
I'm not blaming, just stating, a lot of my competitors (I'm in B) have moved to SM. Hell, I've thought seriously of it, but just like my Mustangs too much.

Now if someone puts me in a seat...

------------------
-Marcello Canitano
www.SilverHorseRacing.com (http://www.SilverHorseRacing.com)

Hotshoe
11-07-2003, 12:37 AM
I'm sad to say that it is a combination of two things for me.
1. Cost........$17,500 just to get mid pack
2. The 2nd gen RX7....can't compete with E36
I started to build a 2nd gen RX7 two years ago and during the season I witnessed the advantages that the BMW E36 has over the RX7 while running a three hour enduro at Lowes Motor Speedway.
Sure, the driver does make a difference but the car has to get some credit. The RX7 project was stopped because I know I could not race and win against a well prepared BMW.
So now I race my 1st gen RX7 and only wish I could go just a little bit faster.

Rick Thompson
#99 IT7...ITS wanna be