PDA

View Full Version : Wet and Dry Double at Cal. Speedway

lobster
02-07-2005, 10:54 PM
Hi all just wanted to let you know if your were not there! Sat. it was dry and cool and they spilt started our IT-SS, SM group up and I feel it was better that way. We finished 5th Sat. under yellow poor guy in the Z car in the tire wall! Sunday before the our race it rained very hard! only a few people on wets two warm up laps and it drizzed for the rain shorted 20min race and this ended up with spins etc and then yellow for a miata that hit the tires in turn 21 in frt of us as he spun out and knocked them on coruse. Those Miatas were having a very bad weekend 3 upside down and 3? in the hay or tires! Wow that was hairball oh and by the way we finished 4th on Sunday in the ITB #15 PINTO! DAVIS 4TH ON SAT AND 3RD ON SUNDAY GOOD JOB DAVIS. Later Glenn

Davis
02-11-2005, 08:41 PM
Glenn, My first trip to the California Speedway was a good time. I learned alot and look forward to the next race. I enjoyed running with you and the other IT guys. I better not say anything about the SM bunch. Thanks much for the help with the car on Sat. evening.

------------------
#63 ITB Rabbit GTI

pgipson
02-11-2005, 10:49 PM
I understand there was quite a bit of carnage over the weekend as the tires at 16 proved too tough to tame. I know at least one SRX7 went TU and several also hit pretty hard.

As for me, I am looking to March and Arroyo Seco one weekend and Firebird the next.

Wish it would quit raining for a couple of days though.

Daryl DeArman
02-12-2005, 02:58 AM
Hey racing in the rain can be a ton o' fun! I was there the weekend before with VARA. Rained really, really hard Friday practice. Enough that from T16-T20 flooded with runoff from the entire infield.

Now we (VARA) have another race this next weekend at Spring Mountain...forecast: RAIN. http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/biggrin.gif