PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Region Double Regional

Davis
11-02-2004, 12:18 AM
IT drivers, why not give yourself an early Christmas present and come over Phoenix International Raceway for the Arizona Region's Double Regional on December 4 & 5th . We sure would like to see more IT cars, and I know it would be more fun than hanging around a crowded mall listening to "Hark the Herald Angles" over the PA.

------------------
ITB Rabbit GTI

SamITC85
11-02-2004, 02:50 PM
Davis,
They have changed it to a single regional and a single national.

------------------
Sam Rolfe
TBR Motorsports
#85 ITC VW Rabbit being converted to LPHP
#85 GP Scirocco

Davis
11-02-2004, 08:28 PM
Sam, Thanks for the correction. The RE sent me the following clarrification.

"The plan is to start the day with qualifying, then a qualifying race, followed by a feature race on Saturday for our Regional drivers. Points will be given for both races. Sunday is a National race. So the posting is correct, with a slight modification to allow our Regional drivers to get more track time (10-min qualifying; 20-min qualifying race; 30-min feature race). LKP

Still hope to see as many more IT entries.

------------------
ITB Rabbit GTI

SamITC85
11-03-2004, 02:44 PM
Davis,
We actually met this past weekend, I was helping out Joe Murray. I will be there on Sunday for the national, I converted my ITC rabbit to a HP car. If you stick around I will see you there.
Sam

------------------
Sam Rolfe
TBR Motorsports
#85 ITC VW Rabbit being converted to LPHP
#85 GP Scirocco

Davis
11-04-2004, 01:25 AM
Sam, I remember (now that you reminded me). I will run Sat. and most likely work on Sunday, so we'll see you there.

------------------
ITB Rabbit GTI

pgipson
11-04-2004, 10:32 PM
Davis

It would be great to get some more IT cars out for Dec. We had several (as you know) last weekend, but our region has been short on IT for some time. The Saturday event will have two points races, but you can only count it as one race for participation purposes on your license (only one sanction number).

Also, I saw your post on our web site forum and you are right. It is not used very much. For some reason, AZ Region members do not use forums very much (except for me).

Paul Gipson
SRX7 # 11

Davis
11-05-2004, 01:42 AM
Paul, I know there are more IT cars around the area. For some reason they just haven't come out of hiding this Fall. How about it guys and gals?

You probably know more about this than I do, but I think I read somewhere that there is a double regional in Feb.(?) at the California Speedway that counts for AZ series points and also a double regional in AZ. (I don't know where or when) that counts for a CalClub series. This would be a great opportunity for an AZ. group to head over to Fontana, have a great weekend and at the same time do some promotion for the AZ. race. If we start promoting early enough perhaps when everyone is planning their racing schedules they will include these two races.

What do you think Glenn? Will that Green Pinto and it's pals be interested in heading through the desert?

------------------
ITB Rabbit GTI

SamITC85
11-05-2004, 11:20 AM
Davis,
The rumor is that the double regional at Fontana is the the last week in January or the first week in February. It would be nice to see more IT cars out, thats one of the reasons I switched to prod was to get some more competition and also be able to run nationals. I think I may keep the C car with IT motor prep so I can run both, but I haven't decided yet.

lobster
11-06-2004, 10:00 AM
DAVIS, Sure would like to come out to more desert and play. But work wont let me I was off yeseterday !st weekday off in 3 months, so i thought i would get caught up on a few things wrong try again! Got called into work our buiest day at our shop ever! So that helps the paycheck. As for racing it will be Feb. at California Speedway also heard alittle buzz that there might be 3 race weekend at Fontana for us next year! Still want to run out in AZ tough. Living half way anyways Indio Take care have a great run! Grean race cars RULE later Glenn