PDA

View Full Version : May 22-23 Buttonwillow

lobster
04-26-2004, 09:18 AM
Hi all whois going to the Buttonwillow double? We will be there with the Green Pinto!! Lobster

Joe Craven
04-26-2004, 03:05 PM
Glenn, I looked at my schedule and I have too many conflicts to make a CalClub race until later this year. We have our regional at Laguna Seca that very same weekend.

Good luck in the race.

BMW RACER
04-26-2004, 04:17 PM
GREAT!! Its about time ;-) I'll be there with my black BMW 325 #07 Look me up. I'll buy you a beer.
John Norris

BMW RACER
04-26-2004, 04:21 PM
Joe. I'll planning on coming up for the double regional at Laguna in June. If you're there look me up and lets talk. I used to race Capri's.
Cheers.
John Norris

04-26-2004, 05:15 PM
I,ve owned 4, not sure who's crazier http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

Joe Craven
04-26-2004, 09:13 PM
John, I think it will be easier for you to find me. Lots of ITS BMWs out there, only 1 Capri.

I'd love for you to take a look at my rough Capri. It's actually quite fast, although I haven't beaten a BMW for quite some time.
:-(

I am correcting that last statement. I've finished ahead of ITS BMWs, just not ahead of our SFR ITB 2002s. I've led them, just haven't been able to finish ahead at the checker flag. Racing has been close at times so I have hope.

[This message has been edited by Joe Craven (edited April 27, 2004).]

BMW RACER
04-27-2004, 10:14 PM
Oh Yeh!! You think your crazy, I've owned six Capri ones and two Capri twos. Ha. I'll show you who's crazy.
John

04-28-2004, 12:11 AM
YAAHH WELL I have owned 4 capri 1's and 4 mazda's 2 of which I cant even get rotor housings from mazda to rebuild the motors with, thats just insane!!!!!lol
see you at laguna john and joe, hey joe I was pitted right next to you at the springtime race at laguna last year, unfortnatly your little capri broke.

Joe Craven
04-28-2004, 01:18 AM
At least there are still 7s in the junk yards around here. I was just at the local Pick n Pull and not only were there some VW GTIs, there were some 7s and even 4 Pintos. One with a 2.0 and the others with the 2.3.

Capris, I haven't seen one in a junk yard for some time. Capri has been an orphan for quite some time.

I'm really excited about the Laguna event. This is going to be the first event that I won't have to pull my motor to repair something. Unfortunately, it took me a while to figure out that the oil pickup tube was too close to the bottom of the pan. Oh well, on to better things to fix.

Glenn has created more than 1 Capri thread w/o even trying.

BTW, I currently own 4 Capris, an ITB, ITA, GT3 and a 73 undergoing a V8 conversion for the street. Who is nuts?

Davis
05-02-2004, 08:14 PM
I have signed up for the school and if all goes will will run on Sunday. Any and all suggestions and advise is appreciated. Thanks.

------------------
ITB Rabbit GTI

05-02-2004, 11:15 PM
BABY THE CAR, NO HARD SHIFTS, KEEP THE CAR UNDER CONTROL AT ALL TIMES, GET THRU THE SCHOOL

lobster
05-03-2004, 10:10 AM
Davis, Make sure your cooling system is ready for the heat. Go over everything once more & dont forget your safety gear ck it again also Glenn

BMW RACER
05-03-2004, 04:24 PM
Davis. Snoop around the archives on this site. There is a lot of good info on your first drivers school to be found. Maybe you could start your own thread by asking for advice on your first school. If you have time, come by and visit.
Good luck.
John Norris

Davis
05-05-2004, 12:10 PM
Thanks much for all the advice. I appreciate all suggestions. Right now my main concern is the heat. All I can do is try to prepare myself and car to deal with it.

I think a clarrification is in order. I am listed as a "junior member". If this means that I'm new to all of this, the lable is appropriate. If however, it refers to ones age......at 59 I probably don't qualify.

I look forward to meeting all of you and especially seeing the Pinto. I remember when they were new and running in SSS catagory against the Vega, Super Beattles, etc. Further, green is a great color (look for the green Rabbit).

Two weeks! I'm excited!

------------------
ITB Rabbit GTI

lobster
05-20-2004, 01:32 AM
Davis, looking forwards to seeing u at the track. Its the ONLY PINTO road racing in Cal Club (I think) Its still green and yellow #15 see you there Glenn

lobster
05-24-2004, 10:31 AM
Well all had a great weekend at Buttonwillow we ran 27cw on sat. it was a fun track and we finish 2nd!! Sorry to see a ITS Mazda and ITB 2002 get together!! What a mess glad everyone was ok. Getting back in the Pinto was a blast but will need to work on getting it to handle better. After ten years of non use everything has just softed up!!! The tech guys, officals, cornerworkers, drivers, and everyone were so glad to see us back Thanks to all sorry we missed Davis at the track Sunday. Thanks for the help John (you still owe me a beer)

On Sunday my long time friend Chris Quintana drove the Pinto they ran track #1ccw so it was allot longer!! Chris liked the track but I think it is a love/hate with the Pinto for him (it is a handfull to drive) he did good finished 3rd!! Well oto the hot summer of sorting things out we have a long to do list!!! Thanks Glenn