PDA

View Full Version : Moving to SoCal

Tyson
05-19-2004, 03:32 AM
After over a year and a half of unemployment, globetrotting, avoiding SARS, a consistent diet of ONLY tuna, rice, curry, and udon, and a whole lot of time behind the computer... i finally got a job with Northrop Grumman (TRW) in Redondo Beach and will be moving down in June.

I've got free rent in a friends condo for a little while, but i do need some garage space for some engines, trannys, bumpers, hood and whatnot if anyone has space down there. so if anyone can help me out with some temporary garage space, id appreciate it. ill be finding a place of my own by august.

i have no plans to race even by the end of this year, i need to concentrate on establishing myself at work and my credit rating quite frankly. possibly ill do a 2005 spring super school to renew my license, but we'll see. hopefully ill have time to hang out at the tracks down there tho. just wanna say thanks to tim, joe, and greg and everyone else from SFR that are on this forum for always being kind and helping me out. ill definately be back sometime, ill miss the great tracks in norcal.

lobster
05-19-2004, 10:01 AM
Tyson, Well welcome to So-Cal sorry Riverside is closed now its a bloddy shopping mall!!! Holtville is still there in all its concrete glory althougt San Diego region does not run there anymore!! Carlsbad closed (un-safe) So we have the new ARP Az Raceway park, Willow Springs, Buttonwillow and Cal Speedway. So hope to see you at the track(s) soon just getting started myself again Glenn...

racer_tim
05-19-2004, 01:37 PM
Tyson, sorry to loose you to the "dark side" just kidding. I too am expecting an offer letter this week, but can't expect to pay off 11 month's worth of bills and get back on the track this year. I'm shooting for 2005. BTW, you don't really need to go back through school. Just write to the SoPac Divisional License person and tell them the reason why you let your license expire, and your situation, and (s)he should be able to issue you a Regional License. Don't forget to include the fact that you got your F&C license and stayed "active" at the track.

If you don't find any space down there, I have a bit of space below the driveway that I could help out. I would be a little difficult to deliver it for a race weekend.

Good luck with TRW.

------------------
Tim Linerud
San Francisco Region SCCA
#95 GP Wabbit (Bent)
http://linerud.myvnc.com/racing/index.html

05-19-2004, 09:43 PM
Be nice.... and youll have a great time racing around here tyson, there are alot of freindly faces at the track, and laguna is just 3.5 hours away if you get homesick. some tips, any ez-up or the like you bring to either willow or buttonwillow should have massive weights for the pm winds, bring a large water jug with ice and water cause its always hot at both tracks, bring something to cover tires from the sun or they will heat cycle all day. with any luck I will be heading way north in a few months and be racing at portland and pacific myself, like tim im waiting on a job in spokane to happen, already have a buyer for my house, just waiting on job confirmation at GMAC insurance. good luck and dont forget to bring sunglasses.