PDA

View Full Version : Racers in Bakersfield area

RacerBill
01-02-2004, 01:24 PM
I am in the process of building an ITA car here in Columbus. My son lives near Bakersfield and we be flying out to help in the spring. Trouble is that the last time he saw a SCCA event, IT had not been started.

If there is any racers out there in the Bakersfield area who would be willing to show him some of ins and outs, it would be appreciated. Please reply to either this post or to me at [email protected].

Thanks.

01-02-2004, 05:02 PM
How old is he? we have three cars, my 13 year old son can show him bunches if he is a youngster.
http://www.calclub.com/gallery/showphoto.p...m&cat=500&page= (http://www.calclub.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=124&password=&sort=1&size=medium&cat=500&page=)

Daryl Brightwell

[This message has been edited by 7'sRracing (edited January 02, 2004).]

RacerBill
01-02-2004, 11:31 PM
My son is 28, and races IMCA at Kings Speedway. Has all sorts of ASE certifications including CA smog. He has a good idea of what we have to do, but there is nothing like seeing a completed car.

Thanks.

RacerBill
01-12-2004, 10:52 AM
Daryl: How close are you to Bakersfield/Alpaugh? Would it be possible for my son to get a look at your car, or any IT car? He will be flying out to Ohio sometime the first quarter of 04 to help me get my car finished. If that is not possible, he would like to come out to Buttonwillow sometime during the Mar 20-21 regional weekend. He would need some sort of guest pass, since he is not a member.

Thanks for your help.

wayno
01-12-2004, 03:13 PM
Hi Bill,

What are you building? When's your first outing?

Wayne

------------------
Wayne Briggs
CenDiv
ITA Capri
Building a SM
Move...Lest Ye Rust!

RacerBill
01-12-2004, 03:21 PM
Hi Wayne! How are you and Jason holding up over the winter?

I've been toying with an 83 Shelby Dodge that used to be a SS car. My first outing will depend greatly on how much my son and I can get done over his vacation this spring. If you ever get up Columbus way, stop by. I'm just a couple of miles off I-71 on the South Side. Would be very grateful for your input. Can I bribe you with lunch or dinner? EB eats our cooking and you know how fussy he is!!!!!