PDA

View Full Version : My car (racecar?) stolen

Tyson
11-13-2003, 08:45 AM
please keep an eye out, pretty easy to spot if its still out there in one piece. still gots all the race decals on it. details here.

http://www.norcalcrx.org/tyson/stolen.html

Tyson

Joe Craven
11-13-2003, 11:37 AM
Tyson, sorry to hear that this happened to you. I had a car stolen from me many years ago. It wasn't even for sale but a couple of guys came buy and tried to buy it from me. They lowballed me but I didn't accept. Car got stolen two weeks later.

Yes, it was those two guys. I had their contact info and eventually gave it to the police when I saw my parts on their lawn. Funny story is the police refused to investigate since I didn't have any serial numbers for the accessories. About 2 months later, I get a call from a recently promoted detective who decided to pursue the case and went after the guys who eventually confessed.

I got $20/mo for years after they were convicted.

still #37

[This message has been edited by Joe Craven (edited November 13, 2003).]

Silkworm
11-13-2003, 10:16 PM
Hey Tyson,

I'll keep my eyes open, and post this on local lists I'm on.

Regards,

PaulC

11-17-2003, 09:48 PM
Tyson,

I couldn't find a direct e-mail address, so I'll send this to the forum: Your cell phone company should be able to tell you what cell your phone was in when it's on. My bill even tells that info when I'm roaming.

If there is anyone actually doing an investigation, they should be able to get a search warrant for that info if the cell phone company doesn't cough it up voluntarily.

------------------
Andy Banta

Tyson
11-18-2003, 08:26 AM
Hi, police recovered my CRX. Seat and 5pt harness and steering wheel taken, no surprise. They failedto take the 1 piece exhaust header, but probably damaged it. Found in Richmond's "IRON TRIANGLE". extremely long details in new link. Thanks for looking out.
http://www.norcalcrx.org/tyson/found.html

Tyson

Andy, yeah, i tried, AT&T wont/cant give that info out til the end of the billing cycle, and the police suck too. but whatever. the whole event could have been worse.