PDA

View Full Version : Wheels/tires lost ThunderHill Oct 12

racer_tim
10-13-2003, 05:20 PM
Wheels / tires found. Simple mistaken identity.

[This message has been edited by racer_tim (edited October 13, 2003).]

racerandy2001
10-13-2003, 06:58 PM
...???...

you losing it Tim?

;-)

Randy

racer_tim
10-13-2003, 07:07 PM
Yea, I've been un-employeed too long.

How's your u-joint? What caused you to stall behind the pace car? too much power?

hehehehe

Tim

What happened was, I had some wheels/tires mounted by Roger, but I couldn't store them in the truck since I was doing worker trans. You couldn't have missed big blue up @ turn 5 could you? Anyway I left them in the paddock near Joe Craven, Alex Castro, and Robert Quintero. Well, when Joe and Alex left, Robert thought that they left them, so he grabbed them, and was going to contact Alex/Joe today to ask why they left them. Simple mis-understanding / mis-communication.

Originally posted by racerandy2001:
...???...

you losing it Tim?

;-)

Randy

racerandy2001
10-13-2003, 08:59 PM
U-joints????

Don't have any anymore! As a matter of fact....don't have a DRIVESHAFT anymore either!!!! LOL. Had to give Allen his back before winching the 'ol girl up into the trailer!

Should have borrowed a clutch while I was at it! Told my dad the throwout bearing was making some noise on pregrid...but no problems until I am sitting under the starters stand and Marcia waves us on! Then I could NOT shove that car into gear no matter how hard I tried!!!! After all the work we did to repair the torque arm, other parts that the driveshaft damaged, I was bummed.

After Marcia pushed me back, I worked for 3 minutes and finally BANGED that thing in gear....they were trying to hold me longer, but without a clutch...it was just slowly rolling forward so....he waves me out!

Could not downshift AT ALL for the first 1/2 of race...left it in 4th...then I tried to massage it into gears for a while....you might have seen me pass a few cars, then coast through a few turns as they passed me back! Was fun blowing by a lot of cars though!

How could I miss that truck! Filled your vision coming up the hill every time on the track!

Randy

racerandy2001
10-13-2003, 09:01 PM
...yeah too much power...

SNAPPIN' driveshafts with a STOCK motor with headers...lol

am AFFRAID to build a REAL motor now!

Randy

10-15-2003, 12:08 AM
How did Ron do? and everyone else , cmon lets have a recap for those who couldnt make it.

ITS240z18
10-15-2003, 04:22 AM
Darryl,

Ron didn't do so well - he didn't race. He crewed for me, and I didn't do so well, either. I qualified better-than-last, for the first time, and my car ran fine, but I finished last and my heart wasn't in the race (my head was up my a#@ and my stomach was churning all weekend). Ron was a terrific crew, although his car should have been there and he should have been racing.

We did pit with a terrific view of turn 5 and grid, but Big Blue was hidden behind a tree.

Where were you???

- Tracy

10-16-2003, 09:59 AM
I was trying to scrape up the 3000 for a new engine, I have race depravation, a serious affliction.