PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Japan, I miss racing already

greg_umbay
08-05-2003, 03:24 PM
Well, things are OK. We are surviving and doing well in some respects. I anticipated some difficulties and the first few days are living up to my expectations. The flight was Ok. The kids behaved as kids should, lound at times, I checked into Sony HR headquarters. After that I was assisted in setting up a bank account and the required foreigner registration procedures. Tuesday was house hunting day. The ironic thing is the floor plans and over all square meters of the places shown to me were of equal or larger size than my San Jose townhome. My SJ home is about 111 sqm and some of the houses shown to me were 120-140sqm, with larger front porches and garden areas than my SJ house. One place had a parking lot filled with Porsches, Mecedes Benz, BMW and Audis. And most of the places are within my subsidy range. Rent, key money (if any) and parking are all negotiable. The relocation company set me up with appointments to view homes that were formerly occupied by expatriates (expats). Most places had washer/dryer, refridgerator, oven, stove, microwave.parking, and a dish type TV. All that was in the Yokohama area.

Car wise I am probably going to get a K-car. Just something cheap and nasty to get around. the CTR, Skyline thing is probably a bad thing for me. I will probably have no free time to drive the thing anyway. I am not allwed to drive to work. In fact nobody can drive to work. Just the top dogs and the physically challenged have parking at work.

Well internet cafe time is about up. TTL

08-06-2003, 08:49 AM
hope this is what you wanted greg, have some fun though. TTL

Jay
08-24-2003, 02:10 PM
Where are you living?
I got a few(lots) of cotacts over there and if your looking for good shops and places to hang out let me know http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif I can point you in the right direction...hopfully