PDA

View Full Version : Advice for 7/11 Sears event?

pavis
07-02-2003, 03:08 PM
Norpac racers,
I have entered the Sears event in two weeks and have some simple questions (I know the answers to these in my own region!):
Where is the best place to paddock (no motorhome, just truck-trailer-car)? What does feed on -feed off mean. Any other advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Pete Davis
ITA (??X) - Texas region

greg_umbay
07-02-2003, 04:48 PM
Welcome to the region. The IT group is run group 5. The feed on feed off thing is for practice sessions. They might black flag the whole field just to get everyone off as fast as they can. They will give you decent time to cool down the car. Basically they will send the next run group as the tail of the current group enters the pit lane. Paddock space is pretty much full every event. As you enter the paddock from the main gates, pre grid and tech will be closest to the permanet garages. Just find some space anywhere. People are really friendly and will be glad to help you out.

Tim, can you point Pete to the program to help him get around, regards to tech and registration?

Infineon is a nice track. I used to hate it and now I love it. Blind turns and elevation changes, make for a really fun track. The Friday before the SCCA event, the track usually holds a test day. You can pay for one session or up to 5 sessions. There is a price point value at about 3 or 4 sessions.

After your day is done you can take a drive through wine country and enjoy an elegant dinner. Mario Andretti has a winery in the area.

------------------
http://www.ita.hondapowered.com

racer_tim
07-03-2003, 12:27 PM
Pete, send an e-mail to Laura Stitch @ [email protected] and ask if the mentoring program is available for that weekend.

If you don't get any information from her, let me know, and I'll help you out.

Welcome

------------------
Tim Linerud
San Francisco Region SCCA
#95 GP Wabbit (Bent)
http://linerud.myvnc.com/racing/index.html

pavis
07-03-2003, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the help. I'd rather deal with the details now so when I get to the track I can concentrate on having fun! I'll contact Laura to get her input.

Pete

(one of my sponsors, Monticello Vineyards, is right next to the Andretti winery and also have an interest in road racing)

Joe Craven
07-11-2003, 06:49 PM
Pavis, hope you got a space for your car and trailer at the track. I dropped my car off last night and the paddock was really full. I wonder where they are going to put the cars this morning for the late arrivals. Then there are the Group 5 and 8 regional racers who aren't on the track until Saturday morning. There is nothing more uncomfortable than arriving to the track and not having a place to park.

#37 ITB VW GTI

pavis
07-15-2003, 06:36 PM
Agreed! I was able to squeeze into some space on friday AM but wish I had known I could arrive the day before.
I've left the car in Napa and will be coming back to the Laguna event (to redeem my poor performance!)
Do they allow cars to set up in the paddock on the day before the event at Laguna?

itaintegra31
07-15-2003, 07:03 PM
They let us in between 5 and 6pm the day before so don't get there too early or you have to wait all day....

------------------
Ron Carroll
REC Motorsports Inc.
#35 ITA integra