PDA

View Full Version : ITS is SW???

alexands
05-27-2005, 09:22 PM
What's the status ot ITS in the SW? Last race at TMS there were only about 3 ITS cars. I'd like to build one and begin racing, but I'm not sure there would be much to race with. Are there any initiatives under way to recruit more drivers?

I'm considering racing in NASA CMC as well. They have a great turnout and close races, but I'm not sure I want to run a big bore, heavy car. Any thoughts? Advice?

Thanks,
Scott

[This message has been edited by alexands (edited May 28, 2005).]

jhooten
05-28-2005, 10:12 PM
It is not making a good showing this weekend. 2 ITE, 1 ITS, 1 ITB, 1 ITC, and about 10 ITA Miata/RX7s. The combined IT/SRX7/SM run group totaled 28. Usually there are almost 50 SMs alone.

Holiday weekend and High School gradutions all over the state may have something to do with it.

Waco Racer
06-01-2005, 01:55 PM
I am the Race Director for NASA and the CMC class is a great class and group of racers. I raced ITS a few years ago. It was lots of fun but I felt unwanted by SCCA since I was "only" in a regional class. I considered a CMC car but my duties at the races make it hard to get on track. What make/model are you looking to build? I am considering building an EP RX7 or 240Z.

alexands
06-02-2005, 03:57 PM
Waco Racer - I recognize your name from the CMC board. So, if I understand you correctly, you are considering jumping back into SCCA with an EP car? Is that so you can race and still maintain your duties with NASA?

If I do SCCA I'll probably build an ITS 240SX or a 280ZX. At this point I'm leaning more towards CMC with a Mustang, though. To me it seems like the CMC gang is a tighter knit group, good competition, and the cars are somewhat more available and scalable. I'm sure once I get comfy with CMC I'll add more power and do AI. In ITS I'm not sure this is feasible. My only options are GT2 if I want to progress. Not sure I want to go THAT far ($$$$$$).

jhooten
06-02-2005, 04:04 PM
Scott,

Go read the MR2 thread in the General IT section to see what people think about the 240SX. Now if your were talking about a 240Z go for it. The two fastest ITS cars in the division are both 240Zs.

[This message has been edited by jhooten (edited June 02, 2005).]

Chris Taylor
06-06-2005, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by alexands:
My only options are GT2 if I want to progress.You should be able to run EP with minor safety and performance add-ons (unless the car isn't classified... if it isn't, wait for DP).

alexands
06-06-2005, 08:29 PM
Chris,

What is DP? The 280ZX is not classified in EP and the 240SX in EP is the 3-valve version.

Thanks,
Scott

x-ring
06-07-2005, 08:15 AM
What is DP?

Check out the member advisories dated 4-29 in the garage section at scca.org.

http://scca.org/_Filelibrary/File/recommen...rulechanges.pdf (http://scca.org/_Filelibrary/File/recommendedrulechanges.pdf)

Nerar the bottom of the first page.

------------------
Ty Till
#16 ITS
Rocky Mountain Division

Waco Racer
06-08-2005, 04:48 PM
Waco Racer - I recognize your name from the CMC board. So, if I understand you correctly, you are considering jumping back into SCCA with an EP car? Is that so you can race and still maintain your duties with NASA?

Yes. I am very busy during NASA weekends and I tend to run out of time to get focused to race and maintain a car. I highly recommend CMC.