PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Present from SCCA

jhooten
01-02-2005, 01:35 AM
I finally got my Reg Competetion Liscense in hand.

NO MORE X ON THE CAR!

gsbaker
01-02-2005, 02:54 PM
Congrats!

Remember, go fast, stop slow!

G

JWatson
01-04-2005, 01:04 AM
And.....this means you are racing this weekend?

Jeff

jhooten
01-04-2005, 10:13 AM
I'm registered and baring an act of god I plan to be there.

Since I've got you, What to you think about the 85 going to a production class? Good Idea or waste of time?

JWatson
01-06-2005, 01:01 AM
It's really hard to say. I would stay in IT and get some seat time in the Supra, then
decide. You could always put a bad boy motor in that baby and run SP!

See you this weekend
Jeff

jhooten
01-06-2005, 09:54 AM
WELL, I could stuff a non-turbo 2JZ in it and still be legal in ITE. That should give me about another 150 hp. But for now the problem is getting the body roll under control. TRD is no help. They don't even seem to acknowledge that the car exists. And the after market in not much help either. It looks like coil over are going to be doable. Sway bars are another matter.

And even if I decided to do the production thing today it wouldn't happen until next year anyway. Have to gather up all the info to fill out the VTS package and submit the request to the CRB to get the car classed in one of the productions (EP most likely as a limited prep).

OH, and the act of god mentioned earlier...
The starter went out in the truck yesterday. The soonest I have been given a delivery on one is three days(Saturday). Calling junk yards today to see if I can find one and my son is going to try replacing brushes and see if he can get this one working. Maybe I can get UHaul to cut me a deal for the weekend.

[This message has been edited by jhooten (edited January 06, 2005).]

x-ring
01-06-2005, 10:05 AM
>starter went out in the truck yesterday

When I looked up snake-bit in the dictionary the other day I saw your picture next to the definition, Jerry. You've had a real run of bad luck this last year.

Hope things turn around for you.

------------------
Ty Till
#16 ITS
Rocky Mountain Division

jhooten
01-06-2005, 08:50 PM
Found one at a local parts store for about half the GM price and a hundurd (that is a word in the deep south) less than the other parts store that said it would take three days to get one here. I'm eatin' supper now and it a little bit I'll go out in the freezing rain and put the starter in.

Anyway I should be racin' this weekend. (where is the fingers crossed smilie)

And the good news is the rain chances are going down and the temps will be back up in the 70s for both days.

[This message has been edited by jhooten (edited January 06, 2005).]