PDA

View Full Version : You Boys Still Alive Over There...?

Greg Amy
12-17-2004, 10:46 AM
?

jhooten
12-17-2004, 12:35 PM
I was about to give up myself.

BTW, for anyone that is interested, our next race is 8/9 Jan ant TWS.

[This message has been edited by jhooten (edited December 17, 2004).]

x-ring
12-17-2004, 05:59 PM
RMDiv just posted their '05 schedule, and while some dates later in the year are still tentitive, our opener is the weekend of March 5/6 at Arroyo Seco west of Las Cruces, NM.

Care to come over, Jerry? It's only, what, maybe two hours from your place to 'Cruces? ROFL.

------------------
Ty Till
#16 ITS
Rocky Mountain Division

jhooten
12-17-2004, 08:59 PM
It would be just as easy for you to make the Jan weekend here. It is the weekend after new years.

They are doing a budget race. There will be one points race on sunday afternoon. Saturday will start with a P&Q in the morning. In the afternoon will be a heat race to set the starting positions for sunday morning's heat race which will set the postitons for the afternoon points race. Still the same amount of track time as a regular two race weekend. Since there is only one points race and one saction number the entry fee will be set accordingly lower, I am told.

x-ring
12-20-2004, 10:23 AM
Hmm, not sure I can get my car back together and my annual by then. Do you have a February R/R?

If so, I'll come to yours if you'll come to ours!

jhooten
12-20-2004, 02:01 PM
Actually Feb is the First national of the year and it is a double. The info is not up yet. Don't know if they are going to let us mear regional classes run or not.

So what are you doing to the car this time, installing the GT engine in it?

[This message has been edited by jhooten (edited December 20, 2004).]

x-ring
12-20-2004, 05:28 PM
"...installing the GT engine..."

HA! No, I had an unfortunate enconter involving an RX7 and a tire wall in October. Nothing too serious, but I figured that as long as I was replacing a fender, bucket, and hood I may as well make the paint pretty.

Stripping a car is a LOT of work, BTW.

------------------
Ty Till
#16 ITS
Rocky Mountain Division

jhooten
12-20-2004, 06:04 PM
BTW, what are the RMDiv ITE rules? The reason I ask is that is where I will be running this year. While doing some work I found some stuff done to the rear suspension done by the previous owner that was questionable. I decided it was better to just replace the S with an E. Besides now I can do some things taht I couldn't do before, like rip out the washer bottle.

x-ring
12-20-2004, 07:58 PM
I think they're on the RMDiv web site. Hang on a minute, let me check.

OK, they're pretty brief: http://coloradoscca.org/archives/RMDIV-iterules.doc

In short, they're production cars on DOT tires that conform to sections 17 and 18 of the GCR, but aren't 'regular' IT cars.

The bad side of you running in E in that you would be in the big-bore run group in this division. There's some really fast cars in E here, including some modified 'Vettes and one particularly fast supercharged NSX. If it's like that in SWDiv try not to get run over http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

------------------
Ty Till
#16 ITS
Rocky Mountain Division

jhooten
12-20-2004, 09:37 PM
SWdiv has a 3l displacement limit. So, if I had the money, I could stuff a 2JZ from a late model Supra in and gain about 100 hp and still be legal. You can run turbos with a displacement limit of 1.76l. The unlimited class is SP but then you are required a fuel cell, fire system, and GT/Prod roll cage. Which are upgrades planned for the future anyway. But I got to due this in stages (or win the lottery). http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

I should have used the other car for the project. If only I knew then what I know now. http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/frown.gif

jhooten
12-20-2004, 09:43 PM
Not to leave you out Greg since you got us woke up, Any of you guys up north who are tired of brushing the snow off of your car instead of driving it, come on down and join us. I promise you will have a good time.