PDA

View Full Version : Fastest ITA/IT7 1st gen Mazda vrs Fastest H Production cars

ddewhurst
08-01-2003, 06:08 PM
Please post the fastest qualyfing & race times including by who for the ITA/IT7 1st gen Mazda RX-7 & the fastest times including by who at the same tracks for the fastest Regional & or National H Production car. Please don't include rain times but do include the year.
I could do the research myself except that you folks know your Division/Region webbsites much better than I do. My desire is to look at the data & try to determine if a 1st gen RX-7 car classed with Restricted Suspension, an IT motor, 2100 pounds & OEM transmission & OEM tranmission gears would be a fit in H Production.

For an example in year 2002 the fastest ITA/IT7 1st gen went 1:47.??? (if I found the fastest) at Mid Ohio & the fastest H Production H Prod car at thr Runoffs went 1:43.???. Will 280 pounds less weight & slicks make this 1st gen an overkill for the class? I understand I am looking at this in a simple manner. If the car would be an overkill please provide some facts.

Thank you
David Dewhurst

x-ring
08-01-2003, 11:41 PM
I don't know right off hand of anyone running an HP car around here, but I check and get back to you.

Ty