PDA

View Full Version : WOR Games Aug 6/7

tac911t
07-25-2005, 11:32 AM
I plan to attend the Double Regional at Mid-Ohio on Aug 6/7. Anyone know how early on Friday Aug 5, the gates will be open to allow access the paddock for the weekend?

C. Ludwig
07-25-2005, 11:38 AM
There is a NASA HPDE that day at M-O so the paddock will be open. The question is how soon does registration open so that you can get your pass to get past the guard at the gate. Supps say 6pm.

------------------
Chris Ludwig
08 ITS RX7 CenDiv

R2 Racing
07-25-2005, 11:50 AM
If there's a Friday NASA test day, don't expect to get in any earlier than 6. That being said, i've also been there with trailers lined up outside still waiting to get in the gate at 8 or so.

------------------
Kevin
Ruck Racing
'92 ITA Acura Integra RS
'92 ITC Honda Civic CX
'85 ITC Honda Civic S
'95 ITS Honda Prelude Si

tac911t
07-25-2005, 02:23 PM
Thanks, this answers my question. I would not be able to get into the paddock and setup my pits until after registration opens.
A number of tracks in the SouthEast let you in prior to registation, provided that the track is hosting a practice day. If the track is rented by someone, you would have to wait until the that group leaves.

Good thing I asked. Since my group is the first group out Saturday morning, I should arrive with my race tires aready mounted (one less thing to do Saturday morning).

Should I still leave as early as I had planned Friday morning to ensure I get a good spot in line and a good paddock spot?

How full does the paddock get during a regional race? I have been to Mid-Ohio for the Runoffs (F&C), and have seen how full the paddock and grass paddock is.

Todd Cohen
ITB Nissan 200SX

[This message has been edited by tac911t (edited July 25, 2005).]

[This message has been edited by tac911t (edited July 25, 2005).]

R2 Racing
07-25-2005, 03:34 PM
Todd, what time do you think you could show up there? I generally always show up around 8pm or so on Friday night and I rarely have a problem getting through registration, getting parked, unloading the rig, and getting my car teched all before the sun even goes down.

------------------
Kevin
Ruck Racing
'92 ITA Acura Integra RS
'92 ITC Honda Civic CX
'85 ITC Honda Civic S
'95 ITS Honda Prelude Si

tac911t
07-25-2005, 04:40 PM
Sounds like I will have pleny of time, since I would plan to arrive between 5:00pm and 6:00pm.

------------------
Todd Cohen
ITB Nissan 200SX

R2 Racing
07-25-2005, 04:53 PM
Yea, you should have no problem being able to get in and set up and all that happy stuff. Are you taking off then for a hotel or are you staying at the track?

------------------
Kevin
Ruck Racing
'92 ITA Acura Integra RS
'92 ITC Honda Civic CX
'85 ITC Honda Civic S
'95 ITS Honda Prelude Si

tac911t
07-26-2005, 08:21 AM
I have hotel reservations at the Fairfield Inn. When I come up for the Runoffs to work, I will be camping. Thanks for everyone's help, I look forward to seeing everyone during the race weekend.

R2 Racing
08-02-2005, 08:13 AM
Everyone ready? I'm not. I need to do some more work on the car to make it stop handleing like a damn tank. I really hope that I can get this thing figured out a bit more this weekend. I'm hoping that two new SO4's (compared to the bald as hell one's I was on last weekend) and one more change I'm going to do should help. We'll see.

C. Ludwig
08-02-2005, 09:28 AM
I'm no where near ready. I left the car at my nephew's place near the track to save some fuel expense hauling it back and forth to Louisville. It's due to have all the fluids changed before this weekend so we'll be doing that, bleeding the brakes, and any other general maintenance that's needed Friday evening. I HATE preparing at the track.

------------------
Chris Ludwig
08 ITS RX7 CenDiv

R2 Racing
08-02-2005, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by C. Ludwig:
I'm no where near ready. I left the car at my nephew's place near the track to save some fuel expense hauling it back and forth to Louisville. It's due to have all the fluids changed before this weekend so we'll be doing that, bleeding the brakes, and any other general maintenance that's needed Friday evening. I HATE preparing at the track.

Yea, that's not a whole lot of fun. I don't blame you for leaving your car close though. I'm just lucky that Mid Ohio's only about 50 minutes from my house. The work my Integra needs required it to be brought home. I need to slap it around a little.

------------------
Kevin
Ruck Racing
'92 ITA Acura Integra RS
'92 ITC Honda Civic CX
'85 ITC Honda Civic S
'95 ITS Honda Prelude Si

trd77
08-02-2005, 04:14 PM
The two TR8s will be ready and there. However, they have a way of breaking on the trailer. Looking towards this weekend, hope it will not be too hot

R2 Racing
08-02-2005, 06:30 PM
Looking like sunny skies and highs around 82-85. Much like last weekend was - too hot.

Ice bags in my suit and greasy tires, here I come!

[This message has been edited by R2 Racing (edited August 02, 2005).]

datadude
08-08-2005, 10:22 AM
All results from WOR WorGames are posted to Mylaps.com. Go to Neohio and then look for the event

C. Ludwig
08-08-2005, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by datadude@Aug 8 2005, 02:22 PM
All results from WOR WorGames are posted to Mylaps.com. Go to Neohio and then look for the event

WOW! That site is very nice. Love the info that's available. Should be a new standard for all regions!

C. Ludwig
08-08-2005, 10:34 AM
Also congrats to Kevin Ruck on doubling up this weekend. Paul and I watched the race Saturday and I don't know how it looked from your seat but it was the most entertaining IT race I've seen in a while. I literally had goosebumps watching you and Colin go at it. Good job!

datadude
08-08-2005, 10:49 AM
If you notice the event is under Neohio and not WOR. You need to communicate with the RE's and T&S that you want this. It is FREE to everyone.

08-08-2005, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by C. Ludwig@Aug 8 2005, 09:34 AM
I literally had goosebumps watching you and Colin go at it. Good job!

I'm not sure it was goosebumps I got when they caught me to lap me coming into the kink at the keyhole on Saturday. Hokey smokes you guys were coming fast! :blink: I was trying to keep the two Miata's at bay behind me at the time, but when I saw you guys coming I just tried to stay the hell out of your way. Of course that mean't the two Miata's freight trained me, but I don't care as it was way fun and my first race ever there. It was fun to dog them from the rear for the final couple laps of the race.
Kevin, I hope I didn't hold you up. I know I did on Sunday when you came by between 12 and 13. I had a left rear tire going down and was trying to keep the 4 Miatas behind me. Thanks for not hitting me!! :D Again, I got freight trained by the Miata's but considering the tire had less than 10 psi in it when I put it on the trailer, I'll count my blessings. I have about a 1" cut in the tire and damage to the left rear fender as well so I must have run over debris somewhere. I could barely keep the car on the road on the right hand turns and PaulyD had me progressively running slower lap times.
How about that start on Sunday? What a fiasco. I got lucky I didn't get into the Miata in front of me nor did the Miata behind me hit me, but it was damn close. I've been told one of the CRX's checked up (brakes!) for no reason coming out on to the front straight. Anyone have a view of what happened? Rick in the #60 SM that I was paddocked clocked the rear of the guy in front of him.

Chris, sorry about the motor. You and PaulyD had a rough weekend. Pauly, how did Sunday's race go? What happened in Group 5? Looked like they had thrown the red or black and sent the pace car out just as I was leaving the track.

Did I mention I had way to much fun? :happy204:

Racerlinn
08-08-2005, 01:27 PM
Uh, since the new forum did not recognize me (Guest), guess I should let you know that I'm Steve Linn in the red #16 ITA Sentra. Maybe it will work now....

(yep, sure did!)

paulydee
08-08-2005, 02:07 PM
As for Sunday's group 6 race I'll try to keep it as PC as possible but it was kind of messy. A certain yellow car caused another driver to spin in the carousel and the three cars behind the mess (me included) wound up playing a bit of bumper cars as a result. No damage, but the incident could have (and should have) been avoided. Then a T2 SVT Cobra held up three ITS guys (me included) for more laps than I want to remember. 15-20 more HP would have got me by him to keep up with the 240Z clan, but I spent many laps riding the Cobra's bumper three times a lap only to be blown away on the straight sections as I watched the 240's disappear.

All this on top of me stuffing it in the wall on the inside of one on Saturday qual's.

One point I want to mention here. If you are going out to qualify on sticker tires and are going to mosey around for two to three laps, LET PEOPLE BY!

Guest_trd77_*
08-08-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by paulydee@Aug 8 2005, 01:07 PM
For as for Sunday's group 6 race I'll try to keep it as PC as possible but it was kind of messy. A certain yellow car caused aother driver to spin in the carousel and the three cars behind the mess (me included) wound up playing a bit of bumber cars as a result. No damage, but the incident could have (and should have) been avoided. Then a T2 SVT Cobra held up three ITS guys (me included) for more laps than I want to remember. 15-20 more HP would have got me by him to keep up with the 240Z clan, but I spent many laps riding the Cobra's bumper three times a lap only to be blown away on the straight sections as I watched the 240's disappear.

All this on top of me stuffing it in the wall on the inside of one on Saturday qual's.

One point I want to mention here. If you are going out to qualify on sticker tires and are going to mosey around for two to three laps, LET PEOPLE BY!

As for the "certain yellow car" causing another driver to spin in the carousel. What caused the spin was that the datsun,on the outside came down on the yellow car, who had the inside line, and when the datsun started to come down the yellow car hit the brakes and could not avoid the car. We have video to show this point if needed. It is a risky move to try to pass on the outside and as a result these type of racing incidents happen. When you pass on the outside, you are asking the inside driver to give you room when sometimes there is no more room.

paulydee
08-08-2005, 03:17 PM
Hmm....my video shows something different. Must be a perspective thing. I have to go and research what the definition of "racing room" is.

It was curious when I started racing three years ago I was told to stay clear of a "crazy TR8" because it historically took people out during races, most of the time at turn one after the green.

:unsure:

Here is to my first use of a new smiley. :D

Guest_trd77_*
08-08-2005, 03:47 PM
I will look at the video in more detail since the camera was in yellow car it has a better perspective than yours. If it shows something different than what I say in a quick view of the video, I will be the first to say.

As far as staying clear of the TR8. I would agree that in 25 years of racing he has been invloved in incidents, as would anyone who has raced that long. Look at yourself, you have been doing it 3 years and you took yourself out and beat up your car in qualifing.

paulydee
08-08-2005, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Guest_trd77_*@Aug 8 2005, 07:47 PM
As far as staying clear of the TR8. I would agree that in 25 years of racing he has been invloved in incidents, as would anyone who has raced that long. Look at yourself, you have been doing it 3 years and you took yourself out and beat up your car in qualifing.

No argument there really, but the key phrase there is I took myself out. Didn't drag anyone else down with me, didn't try to win the race in turn one. Pushing the limit during qualifying sometimes results in these things. It's my first and might not be my last but I feel that I have built a reputation so far that I can be trusted to race along side FWIW.

I would have thought that 25 years experience would prevent incidents like the one on Sunday, but I guess I will check myself in 22 years. :)

downingracing
08-08-2005, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Guest@Aug 8 2005, 05:18 PM
...Anyone have a view of what happened? Rick in the #60 SM that I was paddocked clocked the rear of the guy in front of him....

That might have been me. I was in the #14 ITA Red Civic. I've got video, but it just shows the car Two rows up hitting the brakes, then the Purple ITA car (right in front of me) doing the same (to avoid hitting him), then me hitting the Purple car and the Miata behind me hitting me. I don't think the flag could have been later! I got the GTI in front of me pretty square, but the Miata behind me just clipped my rear corner. It was a pretty hard hit from behind and it did more damage than I was expecting. I ended up having an off in T1 and trashing the entire drivers side of the car... :bash_1_: I talked to the GTI driver and he was "ok" with the incident. I couldn't find the Miata - just wanted to make sure he knew what happened in front of me. It's just one of those racing incidents. No one got hurt and everyone I talked to had a good time.

R2 Racing
08-09-2005, 12:01 AM
Thanks for the kind words, guys. It really was one hell of a weekend for my Dad and I. We both doubled up on wins and each ran our fastest laps ever around Mid Ohio. My race on Saturday was unbelieveably hard! Keeping Colin at bay for 14 laps is impossible so I have no idea how I did it. Congrats to him for having a hell of a race himself though. Very, very, very close racing and never a "questioning" moment or move - it was great!

As for Sunday's race, I may have been at fault too for the field checking up. I was on the outside of row 1 and after the stupidly late green, I went to shift from 2nd to 3rd and hit 5th by accident. I got it back into 3rd really quickly but still got tanked pretty good in the ass by the SM behind me. That could've accordianed all the way back, I don't know. I thought I had lost the race right then on the start because I knew if Colin got ahead of me, he was a tad quicker. Unfortunately for him, his steering wheel popped loose going into the keyhole on about lap 5 or 6. He got it back on insanely quickly and only lost maybe 10-12 car lengths to me as I passed him. He charged back and once again, we turned into an ITA train. Then around lap 10 or 11 we both went real hot into turn 1, I got up on the outer berm and Colin went up and over it and bounded through the grass. He lost a couple of car lengths but came back on. After that though, his water temp started rising and he had to eventually slow down and nurse it slow enough to just still finish 2nd.

Steve - I tried stopping by your trailer twice on Sunday but you were never there. Anyway, you never held me up at all. On Saturday though, I was just hoping you were seeing me coming because I just absolutely had to get through right there. I know I came flying through pretty quickly but come on, Colin was right behing me! :P Sunday wasn't a problem either. 13 isn't an ideal place to catch traffic at all but you went far enough outside in the middle of the corner that I was able to track in and out like no big deal. Thanks for that!