PDA

View Full Version : Fall Sprints at the Farm

ddewhurst
09-14-2004, 06:55 PM
I am going to the Fall Sprints at the Blackhawk Farm on Oct 9 & 10 to play with Ben & Bill. Is anyone else going to the Farm to play ?

Have Fun http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif
David
ITA/7 RX-7 #14

ps: Ben & Bill what lap times need I turn so that I may play with the two of you? It will be my first time out with the partial conversion to the ITA/7 car.

Greg Gauper
09-14-2004, 10:14 PM
That's become one of my favorite events! We'll be there providing nothing bad happens at the runoffs.

planet6racing
09-14-2004, 10:22 PM
Last time I was 4 seconds off the leaders, but that's also when I was having troubles keeping the oil in the car. Now, things should be better and I'll be on stickier tires...

------------------
Bill
Planet 6 Racing
bill (at) planet6racing (dot) com

1stGenBoy
09-15-2004, 11:25 AM
Dave,
A mid 1:24 to low 1:25 would probobly put you in the top 5 in ITA at BHF.

Bob

1stGenBoy
09-15-2004, 11:34 AM
For all of you in the know, Shanty Towne #3 will be up for this event. Come by and say hi. We have all day since we are group 6.

Bob Clark
#76 Cen-Div ITA (soon to be ITB)
SCCA ITAC Member

planet6racing
09-15-2004, 11:54 AM
It really sucks that we are last, but I guess someone has to be. I'm seriously considering coming down Saturday morning instead of Friday night...

------------------
Bill
Planet 6 Racing

ddewhurst
09-15-2004, 05:43 PM
***#76 Cen-Div ITA (soon to be ITB)
SCCA ITAC Member***

Please someone help me with the thought process om this subject. The CenDiv ITA #76 owned by a ITAC member (sorry Bob) is not competitive in ITA therefore the car is reclassed to ITB.

The 1st gen RX-7 is not competitive in ITA therefore it gets to stay in ITA.

Hmmmmmmmmmm http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/frown.gif
David

ps: There are two ways to play this game. Next year I will with my 1st gen RX-7 do the very best I can to be competitive in ITA. If I am not competitive I will do myself some competition adjustments for year 2006. http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif

1stGenBoy
09-15-2004, 07:08 PM
David,
Sorry to burst your bubble but i, did not write the letters to get the 85-87 CRX SI and 86-87 Civic SI moved. I did write an intial letter in May of this year asking for this move and was turned down. The response was that the ITAC wanted to wait a year before moving this car and the 86-87 Civic SI. I agreed to this. With all the other changes going on this seemed to be the best thing to do.
Now, several other people wrote in on these cars (no i did not prod them into writing letters)and the issue was revisited. After many questions and much discussion it was recomeneded that these cars be moved to ITB.
As it stands these cars will pick up an added 130lbs of weight IF and WHEN the Club Racing board and the National Board of
Directors approve this move.
I hope you are kidding with this post because i take my position with the ITAC very seriously. As memebers of the ITAC we still have to follow the same rules as any other member in regards to rule or car classifications. All of the actions recomended are in fastrack along with the letter i wrote last May.
If you want the RX-7 moved somebody better come up with a better letter and reason than just " We need this car moved because it is not competitive at my race track"
David, The kind of letter you posted is one of the reasons i do not post much on this and many other sites.
I'm also kind of p***ed off that you did not call me to get my side of the story before you posted your letter. We have an 800 number you know and you talked to me earlier today about other racing things.

Bob

JeffG
09-15-2004, 07:50 PM
Bob - Any idea when the outcome of all the hard work you and the ITAC will be offical?

May also make it to BFR, although S gets to play with the GT1 group.

1stGenBoy
09-15-2004, 09:07 PM
JeffG,
I'm not sure when it becomes official. I would assume it will be in the next issue of fastrack.The BOD had a lot of items to vote on (besides IT stuff) so, it will probobly take a little bit to compile for fastrack.
On a side note: which car do you run?

Bob

ddewhurst
09-15-2004, 10:25 PM
***I'm also kind of p***ed off that you did not call me to get my side of the story before you posted your letter.****

Bob, loosen you shorts up a little before you choke. If I was serious about your class car being reclassed I would have talked to you about the proported issue. If Andy, Darin or George had had their cars reclassed I woud have given them the same business.

Now that we are off that supposed issue as you should well know we (racers) all have our own agenda. Being that we all have our own agenda I think you would agree that we all do what is best for our selves.

David

[This message has been edited by ddewhurst (edited September 15, 2004).]

Greg Gauper
09-16-2004, 12:41 PM
BTW - Just happened to see the entry form schedule on the Chicago Region website.....

I noticed the race distance is 24 laps which is 1 lap shorter than a National race.

That, my friends, is a long race! I hope you guys are in good shape.

Even though it is just a single event 2-day regional, $200 is a pretty good deal for that amount of track time.

JeffG
09-16-2004, 06:01 PM
And if we can keep this run of weather going, what more could we ask for!

MC also has a long race at BFR near the end of Oct. - 50 laps. Just long enough for everyone to make on a single tank.

Jeff Giordano
67 ITS

miketrier
09-17-2004, 10:44 PM
If the Oct 9-10 event was a double I'd be there but with towing costs and entry fees being what they are, I just go when I can run two races. In MIDIV we have Regional-National race weekends with a full slate of regionals on Saturday and on Sunday the national races AND another IT race. I love racing at BHF. I was the only RX7 at the Firecracker in July. Where were the rest of you RX7's?
Mike Trier
#99 Silver ITA/7

benracin
09-27-2004, 05:35 PM
2 weeks to go and 2 transmissions still in pieces. I think I'm almost ready to start working on them. Now that's what I call excitment! How's everyones cars doing?

volante
09-27-2004, 11:20 PM
Hey Mike,
Are you gonna come up to MAM this weekend to at least watch?

And Calling Jeff G.
Whats going on,are you still holding up those ITA cars?
I hope things are well,call me anytime
515-202-7490

planet6racing
09-28-2004, 08:50 AM
Ben, you're not the only one lagging behind. I finally put the suspension back on the car last night and started putting the nose back on as well. Hopefully by Friday it will be ready to go, but I think it is going to spill into next week.

Oh well, as long as I'm not working on it at the track!

------------------
Bill
Planet 6 Racing

benracin
09-28-2004, 11:05 AM
I think it's going to be a cold one as well holmes. I'm thinking about staying in Madison with my bro friday and showing up saturday morning. One less night at the track for us poor people who have to camp.

miketrier
09-29-2004, 10:32 PM
Yes, I'm going to MAM with the car. I don't want to miss your fine meal Friday night. I can use a good getaway and I don't want the car to get as rusty as I am. I also got an awning and might as well use it. Besides, the tires won't get any stickier over the winter.

planet6racing
09-30-2004, 09:10 AM
You know, it's a good thing I decided to replace the oil pressure sending unit. The brass fitting broke (again!) and so I'm going to have to fix it correctly this time. It's a good thing Bob and I were just discussing an isolator to get that mass off the engine...

Car is coming together well. Should be done tonight, except for tires (need to put on newer Hoosiers). How's everyone else's coming? David, is your car all ready, or are you still trying to finish it?

------------------
Bill
Planet 6 Racing

benracin
09-30-2004, 03:31 PM
Still waiting for my trans parts to show up. They better be in my door way when I get home OR ELSE!

ddewhurst
10-01-2004, 08:34 AM
Ben, this is a no excuse to miss race. We been beating up on the Saturn guy & now it's time for all good RX-7 owners (you & me) to preform.

Bill, the items I intended to do are complete. Striped it's inners out & added speed & cooling stuff only. No suspension or welded cage.

Look forward to seeing you guys. http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif
David

ps: I have some tales from hell. Opps, I mean the Runoffs.

1stGenBoy
10-01-2004, 10:02 AM
Bill,
Did you break the new sensor? If so let me know and i will talk to Autometer about a warranty.
As to my car, I'm thinking about looking at it this weekend and maybe checking some things out before next weekend. Oil change, new rotors,quick alignment and i should be good to go.
All i need to do is find a tow vehicle since my Dakato blew the rear end out towing a vintage car home from MN 2 weeks ago. I could always use my 1 ton dump truck but, that would look strange. See ya next weekend.

Bob Clark
SCCA Cen-Div #76 ITA
SCCA IT Committee

planet6racing
10-01-2004, 10:07 AM
It wouldn't look strange to me, Bob!

No, the sensor didn't break. The brass fittings I was using to adapt to it broke. I've switched to steel fitting for this race, but if the fittings break again, the hole is getting plugged and I'll just pretend like I know what my oil pressure is!

Car was started last night and it seems that the majority of the problems I've been having all year are fixed. Now, I just have to clean all the oil off the car...

------------------
Bill
Planet 6 Racing

benracin
10-01-2004, 10:41 AM
Oh don't you worry about me making it David, plastic car boy is GOING DOWN! John and I, in an effort to make it more interesting, have both decided to get a cold today so we are postponing transmission-pa-looza till Saturday. Most of the parts showed up yesterday (thank you mazda motorsports!) so hopefully we can slap one of these guys together. If not I'll just hollow out a trans case and extend the drive shaft all the way to the eccentric shaft and run it like dirt tracker. With the rotary's awesome redline I should still be able to beat Bill and his oil flinging glad trash can. (Oh that hurts!!!)

BRING IT BILL!

1stGenBoy
10-01-2004, 01:28 PM
Easy on the PLASTIC stuff if,you bump us when it is cold out you might break us.
My car also has plastic fenders and other misc parts from the hood to the area from the moulding down along the side is all plastic. Bill, you gonna let them talk like that?

Bob Clark

planet6racing
10-01-2004, 02:00 PM
Yeah, I think I'll let them talk. That's all they do anyway...

I just got the last component I need to make sure my car is ready. I just hope they are!

------------------
Bill
Planet 6 Racing

benracin
10-01-2004, 02:09 PM
What kind of car do you drive Bob? I don't believe we have met, but if you will be at Blackhawk I'm looking forward to it. All in good fun of course. We all know that bumping is bad, but David and I have been working on our Tandem of Terror approach. We'll be driving side by side with our doors open. Not blocking of course. We just happen to be so evenly matched we can never seem to complete a pass. It's also strange that our cars are only this evenly matched if we out qualify you guys. Pretty crazy but I guess that's how it goes!

Ben Harding

1stGenBoy
10-01-2004, 02:42 PM
Ben,
I drive a 1986 Honda CRX Si in ITA. This is not the fast later model cars. Mine is a ex-firehawk car. My buddy also has the same car, both are red #76 mine,#27 his.
Look us up,we try to paddock out by turn 5 where all the power is. Can't miss us. Looks like we will have 4-5 IT cars and one prod car parked with us.
I would figure if you and david are driving with your doors open it just breaks the wind for us and make it easier to pass.

Bob

planet6racing
10-01-2004, 02:50 PM
Hey! No speaking of breaking wind in front of us! That might give them ideas!!

Ben, I'll be sure you and Bob meet. And, I might even be nice and bring some homebrew!

------------------
Bill
Planet 6 Racing

benracin
10-01-2004, 03:18 PM
HOMEBREW!!! Kick arse! Might have to be a bad racing driver and have one Saturday night. Looking forward to meeting you Bob, although red honda's give me nightmares. You guys seem to always be flying around that track. Maybe now that I have the timing closer to correct things will be a little closer... I hope! Bill, are you still going for the turn 2-3 area?

planet6racing
10-01-2004, 03:20 PM
I don't know. Bob invited me into his area, too, and made some good points about the advantages of parking over there. But, 3d-4 is closer to the real bathrooms and my "crew chief" really needs that. So...

------------------
Bill
Planet 6 Racing

1stGenBoy
10-01-2004, 04:00 PM
Bill,
No worrys about parking with us. Go where you need to go to keep the chief happy.
There is a little path that runs between turn 5 and the tech shed and i will probobly bring my 4 wheeler to get around
(if i can figure a way to get it in and out of the dump truck)so we can hook up either way.
I'm always up fo a few beers at the end of the day so, bring it on!
Ben, look forward to meeting you. I should be at the track fri pm. I'm leaving right from work(Pegasus)at 5pm so,it is only an hour or so to the track instead of 1hr 45min or more from my house.

Bob

Greg Gauper
10-01-2004, 05:12 PM
With Vern working double duty between Crew & Tech, we'll be paddocked next to the Tech shed. See ya all there!

benracin
10-01-2004, 05:18 PM
So how do you guys take the entrance to turn 3? I know we are talking about top secret driving technique here and no one wants to tell secrets, but if you're willing to share...

I've seen a lot of different ways to take the corner. Some take a middle of the road, hard on the brakes, then a turn. Or what about a left side of the road, trail brake into the corner kind of a squirrelly sliding entrance. I think I was doing the middle of the road hard on the brakes in a straight line heading a bit to the left side of the track then a turn. Is there a better way? I just feel this is one corner on this track that might hold a lot of time in it.

1stGenBoy
10-01-2004, 06:14 PM
Follow me and keep up if you can!! Ha!

Bob

Greg Gauper
10-01-2004, 07:25 PM
The simple answer is.....it depends.

I have seen three different national champs take the entrance to turn 3 in 3 different types of cars (FWD, RWD w/front engine, and RWD w/rear engine) and take 3 different lines.

What you really need to do is have a crew member sit out at the corner and take sector times and try different lines and see what works best for you.

For me (FWD) I like to straighten the exit out of two, enter about mid-track in a straight line, make an abrupt turn in, and then accelerate as hard as possible while unwinding the wheel. I like to use the gator teeth on the inside as my go/no go point, in other words if I goofed and carried to much speed into the corner, I can still feather the gas at that point to keep from running out of road, otherwise I keep my foot planted....hard. Note your tach reading on the exit and try to pick up time.

For a FWD car, it seems to be more of a slow in - fast out type of corner, but in a RWD (like a Miata) it is more of a momentum corner and they tend to carry more speed into the corner under a more 'steady-state' condition.

benracin
10-03-2004, 07:08 PM
Nice one Bob, and that's Greg!

So in your best mad scientist voice, "It works!!!". As far as a small 1st and 2nd gear test can tell us, John and I have put together a transmission. Can't wait for the weekend!

planet6racing
10-03-2004, 07:52 PM
Congratulations, Ben! It's good to hear that you'll be there for certain. Be sure to bring the tools for that trans, though, just in case...

As far as entry to turn three, I come out of 2, aim for the tree, wait until the tires are about to fall off the track, then turn. It seems to work good, but, then again, I haven't really tried anything different...

If you need me to bring anything to help make sure you get out on track, just shoot me an e-mail or give me a call. I'll put the Rockford Mazda dealers into my Cell Phone...

------------------
Bill
Planet 6 Racing

ddewhurst
10-04-2004, 08:48 AM
***"It works!!!". As far as a small 1st and 2nd gear test can tell us,***

Ben, find the address locations of the local Ricers & show them what real noise is. Test 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th to about 8 grand. http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/biggrin.gif

See ya all at the Farm http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif
David

jake7140
10-04-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by benracin:
So how do you guys take the entrance to turn 3?

Through 2, exit right edge, gently all the way out to the left, full on all the way, brake med/hard, turn and back on it. If there's someone on your tail though, that leaves the inside open, so you will want to cheat back toward the middle if you don't loose too much speed doing it. But in "equal" cars, you'll be faster (IMVVHO) out to the left.
(track record, spec-7 at BFR)

Have fun, I downin as my car is still getting uncrumpled.

------------------
Steve
[email protected]
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/jake7140" TARGET=_blank>My racing page
</A><A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/elrss" TARGET=_blank>Elkhart Lake Racing_&_Sipping Society
</A>

ddewhurst
10-04-2004, 07:56 PM
***I downin as my car is still getting uncrumpled.***

Steve, where, when did this happen ?

David

planet6racing
10-05-2004, 11:51 AM
Bob,

Is there going to be a little celebration in your paddock spot after the race as you peel the A from the ITA on your car? http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/biggrin.gif

------------------
Bill
Planet 6 Racing

[This message has been edited by planet6racing (edited October 05, 2004).]

jake7140
10-05-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by ddewhurst:
***I downin as my car is still getting uncrumpled.***

Steve, where, when did this happen ?

David

RA, MC race, July 10. Tried to go out on bad rear tires, fought it off for 10 laps, but finally slid off and hit the concrete wall outside of the carousel. Pics on my site if interested. Basicly a flat pop on the driver's side, front to back.

I'm getting to be good friends with the rescue team that parks by the Snap-On bridge. :-(

------------------
Steve
[email protected]
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/jake7140" TARGET=_blank>My racing page
</A><A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/elrss" TARGET=_blank>Elkhart Lake Racing_&_Sipping Society
</A>

1stGenBoy
10-06-2004, 12:09 PM
Bob,
Is there going to be a little celebration in your paddock spot after the race as you peel the A from the ITA on your car?

Bill,
Since i,already have the ITB on the car from council races it should not be to anticlimatic. We can sure have a beer or two anyway to celebrate.
Looks like i'm towing with the dump truck this weekend. Nice eh?
Bob

benracin
10-07-2004, 03:29 PM
Alright! The car moves, it's been washed, the tow van has a new fan clutch and I must of tickled it in the wrong place because it closed the hood on my head and gave me 5 pretty stitches. I'll be putting some front brake pads on her tonight so I'll try and be extra nice so I don't loose an arm. But otherwise, once I install the Saturn spear on the front of the car, John and I are ready to ROCK and will be there ready to go saturday morning baby! Who's with me!!!

Lets go racin!

(David, bring a couple spare transmissions so we cover our bases)

ddewhurst
10-07-2004, 08:33 PM
A Saturn spear????? Ya might need that if ya plan on starting behind THE Saturn http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif

At the Runoffs Glen Jung who races a 1st gen in E Prod & a 1st gen in GT3 had his $50,000 motor cycle out for an evening ride. The friken thing has a Saturn spear on each side of the thing at every point where a bolt head or nut is. Between those three toys, his wife (who shares Corona's) & his big a$$ed tow rig & trailer I would like to know where his $$$ comes from. Oh, I know, he has a sponser.

I tell ya what Ben, if I trash http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/eek.gif another transmission please don't ask what my next transmission will be. I would bring some spare transmissions except that if ya don't keep them locked up some low life will steal them. Ya know I ain't got one of them there trailers with walls & a roof. I will get a motor coach to keep my a$$ dry & safe before the race car will see a enclosed trailer. Then I can lock up our spare transmissions in the motor coach. That sounds thoughtful to me. Do er think ifen I had one of those motor coaches I could talk one of those pretty little creatures into staying the night with me ? I ain't so old that I forgot what to do with one of those creatures. Ya let them cook & clean fer ya.

See ya Sat early a.m. http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif
David

ps: I just washed the race car & put it back in the garage so it don't get rained upon. As I closed the garage door the car was singing some ol song about a 4 door race car.

planet6racing
10-08-2004, 09:56 AM
Wow! I didn't realize I was such a threat to you guys. It's probably a good thing I got the new tires mounted up last night, then...

We'll see you all tomorrow morning. I'm hoping to get there at about 8:30 so that I have time to get everything together in our paddock area.

------------------
Bill
Planet 6 Racing

benracin
10-08-2004, 10:19 AM
I'll bring the tiki torches! Went to change the pads on the van last night, which led to new rotors on the van last night, which led to new calipers on the van last night. Why does it always work that way? So I don't have anything packed or loaded yet. DOH!!! Good time I'm getting off work at noon baby! See yall stitches and all!

1stGenBoy
10-08-2004, 11:28 AM
The car is sitting on the trailer here at work. I'm leaving at 5pm and heading to the track. The other half of the Billy/Bob race team should be there when i arrive.

Bob

ddewhurst
10-12-2004, 09:49 AM
My first comment is that the weather was great at the Farm Fall Sprints. http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif My second comment is that the racing on Sunday was great. http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif My third comment is a special congrats to Bill from Planet 6 Racing with his third place finish. http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/cool.gif

My fourth comment is a question. http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/frown.gif Because there was a paper pushing, protesting, self proclamed punting fool who kept the final results from being posted at the track who can tell me how to view the results for group 6 on the Chicago site.

Just like in KIDS football this protesting fool will Kick or Punt you for passing him. I have heard this guy say repeadly that when he has a poor qualifying time the cars in front of him had better look out becaue he's comming punting through. Driver I could care less about other issues you had on the track before I passed you. After I passed you I drove away therfore what excusse did you have for taging me ? Oh, shucks I forgot you run your own personal contest that after someone makes a Pass on you, you Kick or Punt the passing driver.

After venting I feel better. http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif
David

ps: I still need to know how to get the goup 6 final results from the Chicago site.

planet6racing
10-12-2004, 10:39 AM
David:

First, the results aren't posted yet at the Chicago SCCA Website. When they are, you can just go to http://www.scca-chicago.com/roadracing/200...blackhawk_fall/ (http://www.scca-chicago.com/roadracing/2004/blackhawk_fall/) and get the results.

Secondly, my advice regarding your protests and everything else is to keep that between you and him. None of us saw what happened, you were able to finish the race, and you actually turned a very respectable fast lap time (1:27.4 in the race) with a solid fourth place finish. (Don't worry, though, next year I'll be in the 1:25's and you'll have a new target to shoot for!! http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif ) Let's just end the Cendiv season on that and start prepping the cars for next year.

------------------
Bill
Planet 6 Racing

1stGenBoy
10-12-2004, 10:50 AM
David,
I did e-mail you and apoligized for lightly hitting you and protesting that. I did make a mistake on the protest and said so to you in the e-mail. You did make a clean pass and under brakes i did lightly tap your lr at turn in. I did not do it intentionaly. You did not spin,lose posistion(sp?)etc. Now the other part of the protest i will not apoligize for. That was not called for on your part.
The other part of the story is: on the previous lap at turn 2 #64ITC tried to pass me with two wheels in the grass and hit me hard side to side twice before i backed off and he went on to hit#34 ITC hard in the rear and sent him off into the berm and almost rolling over. I ended up with a bent rr wheel or axle and some funny handling/braking problem.
I did allow #34ITC to go by me before the turn 2 entrance before this happened. We were having fun and i was not going to catch the next ITA guy in front of me. #34 and i are friends and i trust him when racing close.
Our lap times seem to be about the same but he could catch me in some spots and i could pull away in others. Fun stuff.
I did not expect #64ITC to try and follow him by driving into the grass to try the pass.
We all almost came to a stop at t3. there were a couple of cars also around at the time. The Fiero and the white Golf i think.
I have never in my 15+ years of driving filed a protest for a driving infraction or have been protested for a driving infraction. #64ITC admitted he pulled a stupid move in hitting me and #34.
I have told others and i'll say it right here.
If i have a poor quailfying time i,will tell the people in front of me what i intend to do. I'm not bragging. I'm not boasting. I'm just giving them a heads up so, we do not have any incidents.
There was a reason you qualifed behind me and did not seem to be catching up real fast until we got slowed down by the stuff that happened at turn 3.
That said i,have the results. If you have a fax i'll be glad to fax them over. Just give me the number or give me a call.

[This message has been edited by 1stGenBoy (edited October 12, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by 1stGenBoy (edited October 12, 2004).]

Greg Gauper
10-12-2004, 12:39 PM
Results are final now on the link posted by Bill.

I watched the first 5 laps from the outside of the gate and then had to leave.

What happened to Burns?

I see that the two ITC cars were both under the track record, and Wilke set a new ITS record. Weather conditions were perfect!

ddewhurst
10-12-2004, 01:37 PM
***Secondly, my advice regarding your protests and everything else is to keep that between you and him. ***

Bill, your are correct with your thoughts from your perspective. http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

IMHJ, more of this sort of stuff http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/frown.gif needs to be talked about out in the open when the the driver who does the punting is also the driver who protests the guy who got punted. Simply put, I passed the protester & he didn't like the fact that he got passed by ME @ MY first ITA race ever.............. Therfore under braking at T1 he punted me http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/frown.gif & then I drove away from him. I thought no more of it (other than after the race to look at the car damage I received) untill my # was called to the SOM. & in the protest room here is the punter who has zero sack filling out protest paper work. If the protester had any SACK he would have looked me up after the race & that would have been the end of everything. But no the protester is doing his SHOW & TELL for his padocck pals (three other red cars & all good guys from what I understand). After his protest is disallowed the protester is full of apologies using other things as reasons why he took a shot at my left rear corner & the aftermath. These paper filling protesters need to be openly called out when their protest is disallowed & their only reason to protest is to fulfill their personal EGO.

St. Louis or bust http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif
David

ps: Bill, one race in ITA this year with maybe a total of 50 laps & a fast race time of 1:27.4. Hmmmmmm, I think ya need to plan on faster times than 1:25's for year 2005. http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif
http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/biggrin.gif http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif See ya then..........

Ben, what's your target time for year 2005 ?

benracin
10-12-2004, 03:51 PM
Well the goal is to be faster then all you guys now isn't it!

And if Mr. Banner (William or Bill) driver of the #27 civic is out there, I had a lot of fun those last pile of laps racing against you. Nice pass on the last corner last lap, DOH! Good clean racing rocks. Hope you enjoyed it as well.

Ben.
#33 rx7

gsbaker
10-12-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by ddewhurst:
...My third comment is a special congrats to Bill from Planet 6 Racing with his third place finish. http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/cool.gif

All hail Bill!!! http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

Eagle7
10-12-2004, 08:42 PM
David, did you ever find that rear gear? If not, you should shave quite a bit of time if you do get one. I keep hearing 2 seconds a lap.

------------------
Marty Doane
ITS RX-7 #13
CenDiv WMR

ddewhurst
10-12-2004, 10:06 PM
Marty, yes I have the gear in the car with another that I need to pick up while racing in St. Louis at the end of the month. Any more than a 4:88 at the Farm & I would need to ues 5th gear. Maybe I will need 5th gear at the Farm after some more laps. With my first race this past weekend with the partial conversion to ITA & maybe 50 laps i see 8,000 at T1. http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/eek.gif Pulls strong the full front straight. http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/cool.gif

David

Greg Gauper
10-13-2004, 09:08 AM
Toby Shuster has some photos posted on his website, linked via the Milwaukee Region website:

http://www.scca-milwaukee.org/Photos/PhotoDir.html