PDA

View Full Version : Area 4 and 5

mengelke
08-10-2004, 09:28 AM
Group,

Area 4 is investigating the possibility of spliting Cen Div. What are your feelings on the subject and I encourage you to let your opinion be heard at your region board.

Michael Engelke
Area 5 Director

ddewhurst
08-10-2004, 12:39 PM
Mike, what is area 4's reasons/logic ?

David Dewhurst
SCCA # 250772

tschwenke
08-10-2004, 02:47 PM
Maybe some of the same reasons that Area 5 pulled out of the Champ Series... Earlier this coming weekend was a ©, not it is not. Still coming up to have some fun but it is unfortunate it doesn't count for some intra division fun.

Not many people "go between" the tracks anymore. Be it higher costs, travel, family, I don't know.

planet6racing
08-10-2004, 03:03 PM
You guys coming for the RA race this weekend? I just need to put the front end back together and I'll ready to go!

92 Blue Saturn. I'll be paddocked most likely near "turn" 4.

------------------
Bill
Planet 6 Racing
bill (at) planet6racing (dot) com

RACER10
08-10-2004, 04:18 PM
Another reason is schedualing conflicts. Races at tracks in the Chicago area should not and do not (by research) draw the same pool of workers and competitors. When Area 5 dictates what happens at Mid Ohio, Waterford Hills and Nelson Ledges, it is time to consider a realignment of the Division.

mengelke
08-11-2004, 12:34 PM
http://area4-scca.rlburns.net/phpBB/index.php

This is where to watch as this unfolds. One area over another does not dictate schedule. Pro tracks take the primary focus and we all fill in around it.