PDA

View Full Version : Rennen Double Regional at BHF - June 5th & 6th

planet6racing
06-01-2004, 09:32 AM
I'm going. Who else is?

I'm doing my rain dance now in hopes that it will all be dumped early in the week, giving plenty of time for the ground to dry...

------------------
Bill
Planet 6 Racing
bill (at) planet6racing (dot) com

IStock
06-01-2004, 09:55 AM
I will be there. Blue/green ITS 325.

Mike

JIgou
06-01-2004, 10:17 AM
I'll be there without my car.... crewing for a few Spec Miatas from Des Moines.

Jarrod

ddewhurst
06-02-2004, 09:02 AM
If-en I get the piles of parts on the garage floor assembled to the Car I'll be there.

Have Fun http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif
David

Greg Gauper
06-02-2004, 02:13 PM
I'll be there, but in worker whites http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

planet6racing
06-04-2004, 09:35 AM
Well, I'll be arriving tonight and trying to paddock in the area between turns 2-3-4. Dark Blue 4-door Saturn #92.

David: Do you have your car done yet?

Greg: Always good to have you in your worker whites! I'll try not to have an incident at your corner!

------------------
Bill
Planet 6 Racing

Greg Gauper
06-04-2004, 10:44 AM
We've finally had several days of dry weather. The ground should have dried out by now from the National. That is the worst I have ever seen that track in almost 30 years of going to that track. Something about 7-8 straight days of rain that will do that to a track that is essentially built on a swamp.....

The area by the carosel (between 3 and 3D) is nice and sandy and has very good drainage. It was one of the few places that wasn't a mud pit. It does lack shade however.

The areas along the front straight (before and after S/F) were also in good shape.

Forcast is for sprinkles, but all in all should be a good weekend, with cool temps to keep the engines happy.

planet6racing
06-15-2004, 09:22 AM
Mike: Sorry we missed you! I saw your car on track, but with the problems I was having keeping oil in the car...

Jarrod: It was good to meet you! How'd you guys fair against the people across the way? Were there more hard feelings after Sunday's race?

The oil problem turns out to be a broken fitting on one of the adapters for the oil pressure sender. Not a huge deal to fix, but annoying that it wasn't caught sooner. Oh well, there's always August!

------------------
Bill
Planet 6 Racing

JIgou
06-15-2004, 10:42 AM
Hey, Bill -

Good to hear that the oil leak wasn't anything major.

There were no more fireworks with the neighbors on Sunday. We got the driver moving quick enough that was never even near them. Dave and our weatherman had a good nose-to-tail run trying to close in on the group ahead of them, and they were starting to close when they pretty much ran out of tire.

If we don't cross paths before then, I'll see ya in Atlanta!!

Jarrod