PDA

View Full Version : CenDiv IT7

RacinRich
05-04-2004, 07:51 PM
We are pleased again to announce the 2004 Central Division SCCA IT7 Championship Series with year-end trophies provided by G-Force Engineering.

Your support is required to maintain the IT7 class within the SCCA Central Division. How can you support the class?

1)Register for the Central Division’s Regional Championship Series - http://www.cendiv-scca.org/racing/champ_se...gchampentry.pdf (http://http://www.cendiv-scca.org/racing/champ_series/2004cendivregchampentry.pdf) Because the IT7 class is optional and not eligible for year end awards from the Division, the $10 entry fee is not required. However, you MUST register to be eligible for the G-Force Engineering Series trophies.

2)Race – if the Central Division Series committee doesn’t see an improvement vs. last year’s IT7 participation, the IT7 class may be dissolved back into ITA.

3) Pass the word – if you know of an IT7 racer who may be interested in racing at a CenDiv track please pass the word.

Rich Miller
SCCA CenDiv IT7 Liason

ddewhurst
05-05-2004, 08:14 AM
***if the Central Division Series committee doesn’t see an improvement vs. last year’s IT7 participation, the IT7 class may be dissolved back into ITA.***

Rich, plese help me out with a question. Why does the series committee or a Region care if there are 20 IT7 1st gens racing or 1 IT7 1st gen racing. The GCR rules spec 1 car no trophy. When a Region gets 1 car that's another entrey fee $$$$$$. with the transponders I don't buy into the "all the extra work deal for one car". If each race class/race group was at maximum number of cars the slowest car goes home. Anyone ever see a car go home because of to many cars ?

Have Fun http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif
David

ps: I have a question in by phone to the Milwaukee Region race chair for the june 5th & 6th double at the Farm. The question is: Why are the CenDiv eligible IT7 & SRX7 classes not listed within the race supps. It's been a couple days with zero response. Some times I think it's time to remind some of these people the exact reason we go to the track. If there were no race cars who would go to the track ??????????????????

[This message has been edited by ddewhurst (edited May 05, 2004).]

rlekun
05-05-2004, 11:25 AM
....and will cendiv disolve all the other regional classes that race consistently with no or one car racing such as CSR, DSR, S-2000, FM, and many of the GT classes?? Should they put all the sports racers (except spec rambo) in one big class?

Does someone up there dislike rotor heads?

itaracer
05-05-2004, 05:35 PM
We actually had a pretty good showing at GIR this past weekend. We had 6 IT7 cars both days and if I'm not mistaken there were just 2 ITA cars.

ddewhurst
05-06-2004, 08:53 AM
With this post I'm not pi$$ing on the 2004 Central Division SCCA "AREA 4" IT7 Championship Series. Great job folks & Jim Susko of G-Force Engineering.

The facts are as I was told:

The SRX7 & the IT7 classes never were CenDiv eligible classes. They are CenDiv "Champ Series classes". Both are non-trophy classes. I was also told that the only CenDiv eligible classes are the classes listed in the GCR. Darn funny, I find Baby Grand in the Milwaukee area 5 supps but not in the GCR.

Even tho on the CenDiv Champ series site there are Champ series races listed in area 5 that is not a truth. Area 5 eliminated it's self from the CenDiv Champ series for year 2004 & the future. Politics & racing never did work.

The fact that CenDiv area 4 has a great IT7 series, the Souteast has a great series & the Midwest has the IT7 this year no one cared to listen.

RacinRich
05-06-2004, 09:52 AM
Dave,
I think the issue stems from the Area 4 vs. 5 politics. Last year 2003 and this year, the CenDiv Regional Champ Series official list the IT7 class as optional (just like Spec7, ITE, Baby Grand, and others). Optional means that it is up to the individual hosting regions to include the class in their supps. For most races, Area 4 regions have included IT7 and for ALL Area 5 races, the hosting regions have NOT included IT7. It is the hosting region's option and I don't know specifically why a region chooses to not include an optional class. Could be because of projected lack of participation, politics, T&S resources, other.

datadude
05-08-2004, 10:12 AM
Info. ALL of Area 5 has removed itself from the Cendiv Regional Championship Series.

lateapex911
05-11-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by itaracer:
We actually had a pretty good showing at GIR this past weekend. We had 6 IT7 cars both days and if I'm not mistaken there were just 2 ITA cars.

2???

well, come on over to New England...last weekend we had 32 ITA cars, and 6 no show ITA cars. Of those 3 were RX-7s.

Usually we have about 6 or so RX-7. but the season is young yet.

So, what's up with ITA there?? How many cars overall? Is that a normal IT number?

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

itaracer
05-12-2004, 03:04 PM
Jake,

So far this year only 3 ITA cars have posted points in the MiDiv. Compare that to 9 cars with posted points in IT7.

lateapex911
05-12-2004, 08:28 PM
Wow.....

Thats weird!

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

benracin
05-13-2004, 12:01 PM
I have to say I'm really confused. This is only my 2nd year in this so I'm a bit lost. I race an rx7. Last year I never saw IT7 on any of the entry forms, so I would always put ITA/IT7. I had the mistaken idea that if you were an ITA rx7, you were automatically in the IT7 series as well. So at end of the year I had zero IT7 points since I was just considered an ITA car.

Along with that, all the championship series deals have me messed up. Area 4, area 5, cendiv, regional. I somehow won the area 5 2nd place trophy in ITA and I can't even remember what or how I entered! So I went to my regions award banquet hoping to get recognition for that award but they only handed out cendiv and regional. What is this thing? It's big and cool looking, but what is it?

I'm in the LOL region. Our website has about zero for information about championships and run groups. I saw people win regional trophies for groups like ITB and ITC, but where would one enter? If there's an IT7 series allowed at a race, how do you know? I was going to take off the ITA lettering on my car and put IT7 and enter each race in the class IT7. But how do you know if it's cool to be in IT7?

I just have to say, for a new guy who doesn't know much, it's hard to find info. Sure I could email or call, but these are the lazy webdays. If you can enter the cendiv IT7 series champ series using the form linked above, why can't the form say what classes are allowed on it and if you're in IT7 you can skip the $10?

I know it's a volunteer society, but I think the club as a whole makes things just a little bit hard for a beginner to find out information. If it wasn't for this website I would be lost on a lot of things. I would just love to see somewhere a description of each of the cendiv's champ series, what the difference is between them, and real information on how you enter each. I'm guessing I got my area 5 trophy because I entered the cendiv champ series. If that's so, what is a central division trophy?

I'm kind of ranting and I'm pretty sure this information is out there somewhere but I can't find anything clear. If someone wouldn't mind helping me a tad by posting some links or just saying check your GCR dummy that would be awesome. I guess it would just be nice to know that if I letter up my car as IT7 and enter each race as IT7, everything will be cool. Meaning I can run at blawkhawk, RA, brainerd this year (woo hoo!). Or do I need to call someone about each race entry and see if IT7 is a class? Do I need some magnetic A's to slap on my car? If Cendiv has an IT7 series, does that mean that LOL recognizes it?

Ben.

ddewhurst
05-13-2004, 07:44 PM
Dam, those Sweeds from the hinter land are slower than we cheese heads.

he he heeee http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif

Ben, I cheese head have been a SCCA member car owner for 4 years & am starting my 5th year. This club that you call the Sports Car Club of America is realy the Secret Car Club of America. Key in on the word "secret". http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/rolleyes.gif The entire purpose of the club is to give the people who run/organise the local Region something to do. Did you think the purpose of the SCCA was for car owners/drivers ?

If your going to race in area 4 & area 5 events leave your ITA/7 decals on the car. If your going to race in area 5 events only cover up the /7 or remove the /7. There is "NO" IT7 race class in area 5. For area 5 you have to fill out your entry & race in the ITA race class........... In area 4 there is ITA & IT7 race classes. Thats all you need to know at this time. I am to friken lazy to type the whole 9 yards. I will provide the details June 5th & 6th at the Farm.

Have Fun http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif
David

ps: If you were to race at St Louis they in the Midweest have a IT7 race class.

benracin
05-19-2004, 12:15 PM
Well, since now Area 5 isn't part of the Cendiv Champ series, um... what do us IT7 people do now? Is IT7 part of the Tro manufactoring dealy?

ddewhurst
05-19-2004, 07:50 PM
***There is "NO" IT7 race class in area 5. For area 5 you have to fill out your entry & race in the ITA race class...........***

Tro, is the series for area 5 ONLY. Last year each entry in area 5 was automaticaly entered on the Tro series list.

THERE IS NO IT7 race class in area 5. NO IT7 is not part of the Tro dealy.........

Are we having Fun http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/frown.gif
David

ps: Ben, if your nucking with me retaliation is a bitch. http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/rolleyes.gif

benracin
05-20-2004, 10:20 AM
Nope, not screwin' with ya David. Told you I was confused! I think I just had my hopes up about racing in IT7 this year and am having trouble coming to terms that there is no such thing. There's nothing in the rules about putting a civic engine in my rx7 is there? http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

RacinRich
05-20-2004, 12:59 PM
Ben,
I'll try to address your concerns/questions.

IT7 not on entry forms - Since the IT7 class was/is CenDiv "optional" (just like ITE, BabyGrand, SRX7, Legends, etc), it is up to the individual race hosting regions to include, or not, the class in their race supps. and entry forms Area 4 regions have included IT7 and Area 5 has not.

ITA RX7 automatically in IT7 class - if IT7 is an available class you must specifically register for the class on your entry form. An ITA RX7 is the same as an IT7 but you have to tell Timing & Scoring specifically which class you would like to enter. Since IT7 was not available (recognized/acknowledged?)as a class for the Area 5 races, I assume T&S placed you in the ITA class.

"at the end of the year I had zero IT7 points" - since Area 5 didn't recognize the IT7 class, no season points could be awarded. AND you must officially register with the Champ Series for them to track your season points.

You wrote, " just have to say, for a new guy who doesn't know much, it's hard to find info. Sure I could email or call, but these are the lazy webdays. If you can enter the cendiv IT7 series champ series using the form linked above, why can't the form say what classes are allowed on it and if you're in IT7 you can skip the $10?" - The CenDiv website has all of the official series rules, including the official and optional classes.

In summary, since you race at the Area 5 tracks and Area 5 hasn't/doesn't recognize IT7, you're unfortantely out-of-luck. However, the Area 4 tracks/regions (Grattan, G-man, Waterford Hills, Mid-Ohio, Nelson Ledges) DO include the IT7 class and you're welcome to run with us.

Rich Miller
IT7#35
CenDiv IT7 Liason