PDA

View Full Version : Hey CenDiv Wankleheads

itaracer
10-19-2003, 11:57 AM
If you've been visiting this forum I guess you all know that we are trying to get IT7 approved for the MiDiv. After your first season can you give us some help on facts and figures? Things like participation levels, IT rules adjustments, general feed back. From your website it appears that you are going to have this class included in yout division championship points races for next year. Would you recommend that we go ahead and include the class in our championship points race? give us some fuel for the fire.

------------------
Mark Jeffery
ITA #92 '85 RX7
MidDiv - Arkansas Region

ddewhurst
10-21-2003, 08:03 PM
Mark, I did a little manual search & following is some info from the CenDiv IT7 Organizing Committee. It's info from last year but maybe you can contact the committee guys. They are fun people.

David Dewhurst http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif
CenDiv Milwaukee Region
Spec-7 # 14

****We are happy to announce that the CenDiv Regional Road Racing Series committee approved IT7 as an optional class for 2003. We thank all who expressed their support for this class and our efforts. Being an "optional" class means that the class is not eligible for year-end season championship trophies. However, the committee will track the points of all registered IT7 competitors to evaluate the possiblility of making the class fully eligible for the 2004 season.
NEXT STEPS....
1) Optional class also means that the hosting regions do not have to include the class in their race schedules. Because of this, we urge all IT7 racers to contact their Regional Executives and Chief Stewards to request the inclusion of the IT7 class at the race events.

2) Not being officially eligible for the Series means we do not have to pay the $10 registration fee, however the committee will keep the series registration forms to track IT7 interest during the 2003 season. For those that have already sent a check to Rich Miller, please let us know if you want the check returned to you. Otherwise, all unreturned checks will be placed into a document shredder. If you faxed a registration form but have not sent the check, don't do anything else; don't send the check.

Again, thanks to all who responded to our request for support. We look forward to meeting and racing with everyone in the upcoming season.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CenDiv IT7 Organizing Committee
Dave Damouth
Rich Grunenwald
Rich Miller****

RacinRich
10-21-2003, 09:08 PM
We're currently finalizing the official results for the inaugural CenDiv IT7 Regional Champ Series (with trophies provided by G-Force Engineering). But here's a quick overall summary of this past season:
- Eleven drivers registered and competed in the season championship (more registered but only 11 actually made it to the track).
- IT7 car counts were down this year compared to last year. I think this trend was seen across the SCCA for all classes. To substantiate this claim, this year's races at MidOhio included 5-8 IT7 cars competing, while last year there were 8-12 1st gen. RX7's.
- The SCCA Cendiv Champ Series Committee will decide to keep the IT7 class as provisional, make it a fully-accepted class, or drop it at the upcoming Division Roundtable meetings.

itaracer
10-22-2003, 08:47 AM
Thanks Dave and Rich,

I'll put your info together with what I've collected from the MiDiv. I'm trying to gather as much data as I can to make our pitch to the Board. My hope is that we can make it a points earning division class. Both on our IT Tour and our Mid Am Championship races. I know that is a stretch but that's what goals should be.
What is your inpression of the CenDiv's Boards making this a fully accepted calss?

------------------
Mark Jeffery
ITA #92 '85 RX7
MidDiv - Arkansas Region

benracin
10-22-2003, 11:48 AM
I'm a cendiv member and I think I'm a little confused on how the IT7 points worked. The only races I was able to attend this year were RA on Aug 16/17 and Blackhawk on Oct 12. I drive an ITA rx7 and just figured that driving that car at tracks in our region would get me points in IT7. When I registered I tried to class my car as ITA/IT7. Is there a different reason I'm not seeing points on the season results? There's blanks on the score sheet for those races?

RacinRich
12-02-2003, 09:50 PM
Ben,
Because IT7 was an "optional" CenDiv class for 2003 (and will be again in 2004), the individual hosting regions have the option of including them in the event groupings. Last season most of the hosting Regions in Area 4 (east of the lakes)included IT7. However, to the best of my knowledge, none of the Area 5 hosting Regions included the optional IT7 class.

I would recommend that you and other Area 5 1st gen. RX7 racers contact your local Regions and request that they include IT7 in their events.

Rich Miller
CenDiv IT7 Liason
REMSPORT #35

itaracer
12-02-2003, 10:48 PM
The real good news for all of us in MiDiv is that the IT7 class for 2004 will be a fully sanctioned class eligable for points in both the IT Tour and Mid-Am championships. We have the option of running ITA or IT7.

------------------
Mark Jeffery
ITA #92 '85 RX7
MiDiv - Arkansas Region