PDA

View Full Version : St. Louis results

itaracer
10-28-2003, 08:33 AM
Anyone have the latest word on the Sunday St. Louis results? How did the protest go?

theenico
10-28-2003, 09:34 AM
Haven't heard anything. Was the porotest about the contact between Miata Tim and CRX Tim?

------------------
Nico
KCRaceware (816) 257-7305
[email protected]

itaracer
10-28-2003, 10:00 AM
Nico,

Yeah, that's the one. When I left both Tim's were making their case to the officials. I didn't even get the scuttlebutt as to what the exact protest was or which way the dicision was leaning.

------------------
Mark Jeffery
ITA #92 '85 RX7
MidDiv - Arkansas Region

Speed Raycer
10-28-2003, 10:28 AM
Uh oh... Miata Tim wouldn't happen to already have some body damage would he???

itaracer
10-28-2003, 10:42 AM
Scott,

Yeah he did. The Miata Tim tangled with the CRX Tim between the entrance to the oval and NASCAR 3. Both were out of the race. Both drivers were making their pitches to the officials when I left.

Over on the SM board Dick says the official results were not changed from the provisional posting. I was just trying to see if anyone new if any decision/penalties resulted from the protest.

------------------
Mark Jeffery
ITA #92 '85 RX7
MidDiv - Arkansas Region

Speed Raycer
10-28-2003, 11:58 AM
Ahh.. I guess I missed all the action then!

The St. Louis website says that results are coming... you can check back periodically @ www.stlscca.org (http://www.stlscca.org)

OTLimit
10-28-2003, 12:19 PM
When Chris left the track, I believe he got final results (but they're at home).

I was told that the Miata driver had video that implicated CRX Tim as the instigator of the incident. As they both end up way down the list, no one else's finish should have been in jeopardy.

------------------
Lesley Albin
Over The Limit Racing
Blazen Golden Retrievers

volante
10-29-2003, 09:11 PM
Very interesting for crx Tim Fenelly--he was going for the Mid-Div Champ in ITA--that means the RX-7 guys might have a chance at the bonus race in Memphis.Good luck guys,I will have to get the scoop from him at the ARRC in a few weeks.That is if you guys don't beat up on him to much at the bonus race.I have to admit,I will miss the crx(it was a fast mofo)and the ITA class.

Who is Miata Tim?

Dave Volante

itaracer
10-30-2003, 05:26 AM
Dave,

Miata Tim is Tim Blythe.

Good luck in SM. I'm going to wait and see if IT7 gets approved before making a decision on what to run next year.

Right now it's on to Memphis and what looks like a shoot out for the ITA Championship.

------------------
Mark Jeffery
ITA #92 '85 RX7
MidDiv - Arkansas Region

theenico
10-30-2003, 11:02 AM
Good luck Mark and I have to give you a little crap for not running your Dirt Stockers on Saturday http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif . Did you see Monica Rollins finish 3rd overall in the race on Saturday. She was in the middle of the GT1 pack. Dirt Stockers rule http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif

------------------
Nico
KCRaceware (816) 257-7305
[email protected]

itaracer
10-30-2003, 01:48 PM
Nico,

Yes I did make a bad tire choice Saturday. after getting those brand new dirt Stockers I watched the first few cars roll out to the grid. None had rain tires. I checked with Tim Finley. He was not running rain tires. So I went out with my regular Hoosiers and got thrashed. Between the rain and the oil on the track I was just hoping for a long double yellow flag. Didn't happen.

Sunday should be very interesting.

------------------
Mark Jeffery
ITA #92 '85 RX7
MidDiv - Arkansas Region

Speed Raycer
11-06-2003, 08:48 PM
How did Memphis turn out?

------------------
Scott
It's not what you build...
it's how you build it

http://www.angelfire.com/mo3/rudder_racing/images/RX7_Pictures/SRsRX/SRsRX7.jpg

itaracer
11-07-2003, 08:33 AM
Scott,

With Tim's bad luck at GIR and Lynn having a family committment I was the only ITA car in the field last Sunday. I think it was pretty much the same situation in ITS. The ITB, ITC and SM races were the ones to watch. Especially with double points on the line.

In ITB Russ Neeley had a major mechanical failure half way through lap 5 and ended up with a DNF. Bill Briggen went out in lap 12 and wound up with a 4th place finish. Bob Briggen was 3rd, Chris Albin finish 2nd and Patrick Findley took home the win. The final shahe out for Mid-Am points hasn't been posted but I think the DNF may have taken Russ out of the top three. The Mid-Am looks like Albin, Briggen and Briggen.

ITC was a shoot out between Jeff Jenkins Nic Chinopolos and Larry Orr. That is their finishing order. I'm not sure about the points race other that Jeff appears to have won the Mid-Am and Nic and Larry are too close to call for 2nd and 3rd.

The SM finishing order is Dick Faxon, Jeff Reasons and David Harber. David Harber made a significant jump in the points but I don't think he cracked the top three. Dick gets the win and the championship.

Bob Gill took the ITS win.

There were no ITE cars in the event.

ITANorm
11-10-2003, 05:17 PM
I was one of the Stewards in the hearing at St. Louis. There was no change in the finishing order.

OTLimit
11-10-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by itaracer:
Bob Briggen was 3rd, Chris Albin finish 2nd and Patrick Findley took home the win. The final shahe out for Mid-Am points hasn't been posted but I think the DNF may have taken Russ out of the top three. The Mid-Am looks like Albin, Briggen and Briggen.

No. I have it as Albin, Bill Briggen, and Neely. Chris gained 12 points with the Mid-Am win (Patrick didn't sign up for the series this year), so ended with 84. Bill had two Mid-Am second places at Gateway, so dropped two previous third place finishes, but then got 14 points for the Memphis 3rd, gaining another 7 points (dropping another 3rd) and ended with 60 points. Bob replaced two fourth place finishes with a third place at Gateway on Sunday (DNF on Saturday), and a second place finish at the Memphis for double points put him at 53. Russ had to stand pat on 55 points because of his DNF, so he ended up in third.

------------------
Lesley Albin
Over The Limit Racing
Blazen Golden Retrievers