PDA

View Full Version : track list.

mumbles027
11-02-2003, 06:14 PM
i am trying to decide what group i want to race with so i was wondering what are the list of tracks you guys race at. i have to decide if i want to make the track to some of these tracks. i want to drive as many tracks as i can, but it might be better to start a season at one track. also what are options for getting a license. if any of this is easily posted then just put the link an i apoligize. thanks in advance.

chris(extreme rookie)

Peter Olivola
11-02-2003, 06:35 PM
Where are you located?

mumbles027
11-02-2003, 07:07 PM
south of detroit

Greg Gauper
11-02-2003, 08:13 PM
Starting close and working out:

SCCA Sanctioned Tracks
Waterford Hills (near Detroit)
Gratten (MI)
Gingerman (MI)
IRP (IN)
Mid-Ohio (OH)
Blackhawk (IL...but if you loose your brakes going into 1 you wind up in WI http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif )
Road America (WI)
Nelson Ledges (OH)
Beaver Run (PA)

Non-SCCA Sanctioned
Putnam Park (IN)

mumbles027
11-02-2003, 08:24 PM
thank you. i have been on waterford and gingerman for test and fun. i have only been able to do an auto-x at gratten. gratten looks like loads of fun.

Eagle7
11-03-2003, 01:33 PM
Grattan is my home track - love it. I often hear others comment that it is their favorite track.

Driver's schools - Keep an eye out for the 2004 schedule on the scca web site - it probably won't be up for a couple months yet. They'll list schools there. This year Waterford had one fairly early in the year, and Gingerman had one in late June.

Glad to see another new face - I just started this year.

------------------
Marty Doane
ITS RX7 #13
CenDiv WMR

ITA_CRX
11-04-2003, 09:09 AM
How far south of Detroit?

Waterford sanctions its own races and has 7 events a year. They are very economical.

Sound control is tight and getting tighter there so if you are building a car or already have one, add an extra muffler.

I started racing there for my first two years and it is a great track to start at.

I found it easier to only have to worry about learning how to race at first as opposed to learn how to race and drive a new track every weekend.

Waterford has its own driver's school that is pretty good with a ton of track time. I think it is usually in April.

mumbles027
11-08-2003, 02:44 PM
i think i am going to try the waterford thing. then do the scca tour. i want to go to more than one track. but i have to learn one thing at a time.