PDA

View Full Version : Engine Machine Work - Who to use?

planet6racing
10-21-2003, 05:12 PM
Now that the off season is upon us and I succesfully completed my first season, my quest for power has started! Who do you use/trust to do your engine machine work? I don't want to take it to the average shop down the street unless I have some good references for them...

------------------
Bill
Planet 6 Racing
bill (at) planet6racing (dot) com

gsbaker
10-21-2003, 05:49 PM
Bill,

You've got mail.

------------------
Gregg Baker
Isaac, LLC
[email protected]

ddewhurst
10-21-2003, 07:50 PM
Bill, before you can GO you must be able to STOP. http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/tongue.gif Why don't you contact the FAST Michigan Saturn driver about who does his work. It's aa long shot but it never hurts to ask.

Have Fun http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif
David

ps: By padocking with Ben & you I have the urge to change my car to a ITA/7.

planet6racing
10-21-2003, 09:55 PM
David:

Stopping problem is already under control. Next time you see me, I'll be carrying two spares...

I know who the fast Saturn drivers use. I can't afford them. I'm hoping to do some of the work myself and get some decent power.

And, don't bother coming over to ITA/7. We wouldn't want to see you finishing last... http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif

------------------
Bill
Planet 6 Racing

[This message has been edited by planet6racing (edited October 21, 2003).]

benracin
10-22-2003, 10:04 PM
Now that's a little mean Bill. David can finish in front of you and behind me any day. Tee hee hee, this is fun!

And David, I have some footage of your brake problem on that second qualifying run. Except it looks like it's on the right side to me? If you've got a high speed connection I could make it downloadable for ya. Just let me know!

[email protected]

planet6racing
10-23-2003, 08:33 AM
Well, we'll just have to see about that!

Keep it up, Ben. I need the inspiration to drop that 20# from me!

------------------
Bill
Planet 6 Racing

benracin
10-23-2003, 09:10 AM
See, there's my advantage. Good luck getting to the 140 lb. range suckah.

planet6racing
10-23-2003, 09:29 AM
Yeah, but even if I finish in 3rd and your finish in 1st, I'll still be above you on the podium!!

When does racing season begin again?

Ben, we should plan a day at the indoor cart track in Bloomington (I think that's where it is). You, me, and John, and the women folk if they want. Neck collars and helmets are required at the track I'm thinking of and it should would help get the speed fix over the winter!

(Am I hijacking my own thread?)

------------------
Bill
Planet 6 Racing

benracin
10-23-2003, 04:40 PM
Sure, but who cares, it's all yours!

I've been going to prokartindoors over in Savage. I'm thinking of joining a league or competing in some enduros to keep my edge. I was finally able to get fast lap of the day a bit back. Yee haw! Of course they hadn't posted a fastest lap yet and I had to ask for them to put it up, but it still counts! I was only .10 off the record so give me a break! For some of the enduro's you need a co-driver. What do you say about that!

planet6racing
10-23-2003, 05:03 PM
Just tell me when...

------------------
Bill
Planet 6 Racing