PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte IT Race ?

jmark
05-29-2005, 12:46 PM
Is this a spectator event? Any 240Z's running in ITS?

Rick_htm
05-31-2005, 09:54 AM
Usually the main gate by the gift shop is open. Any one wishing to watch can sit in the grandstand without going through registration that way. I'll be running my 240z in the carolina cup race at Lowe's.

Rick Harbaugh
[email protected]

dspillrat
05-31-2005, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by jmark:
Is this a spectator event? Any 240Z's running in ITS?

Mackaman will be there for sure,with 260z...It looks like I'll be real close........
David Spillman

jmark
05-31-2005, 03:36 PM
Cool. Let me know David if you & Mack need a hand. Rick do all the Z's paddock close together? Anyone got a schedule for the events? Looking forward to seeing you all run.

[This message has been edited by jmark (edited May 31, 2005).]

iambhooper
05-31-2005, 05:12 PM
i'm planning to run the at least the saturday event... which ever one that is. has anyone seen a schedule for this event? if so, could you post it?

why does it take CCR so long to post schedules and sups? also, why do they not post entry fees on the sups? i thought the GCR stated that a sanctioned event had to post entry fees?

just curious.

------------------
hoop
Greensboro, NC
White ITC Honda CRX #4

jmark
06-01-2005, 03:53 PM
Anybody find a schedule yet?

dspillrat
06-01-2005, 05:48 PM
Anybody find a schedule yet?

Hi Mark,
The schedule should be posted on the central carolina website..http://www.ccrscca.com/....but the link for june jam not operational yet.
Sure it'll be up soon....

david

jmark
06-01-2005, 06:34 PM
Thanks David. Your Z going to be ready?

dspillrat
06-01-2005, 06:46 PM
Thanks David. Your Z going to be ready?

With perfect alignment of the planets....a chance....Just realized the week before Lowes wife and I will be in Vegas....

jmark
06-02-2005, 10:45 AM
Schedule is up!

http://www.ccrsolo2.org/forms/jj05/jj05_sched.pdf

Which races will you be running in Rick, David or Mike? Doesn't mention if it is a spectator event. If you guys have room on your guest passes let me know. My son is 12 so I think he maybe free with a signed waiver. Thanks!

[This message has been edited by jmark (edited June 02, 2005).]

Ron Earp
06-02-2005, 11:02 AM
Rick, I tried to send you an email RE welded setups, is your email address correct?

R

------------------
Ron Earp
NC Region
Ford Lightning
RF GT40 Replica
White Jensen-Healey ITS
Silver "Skull" 260Z ITS

jmark
06-02-2005, 12:08 PM
Ron are you running your 260Z at Charlotte?

iambhooper
06-02-2005, 08:12 PM
i just registered for both the CCPS and ECR events. i like how they have a package deal for the sarrc+ecr, or ccps but not for the ccps+ecr events. i guess i shouldn't complain. at least i was able to register b4 race week.

http://ITForum.ImprovedTouring.com/biggrin.gif

see ya there!

------------------
hoop
Greensboro, NC
White ITC Honda CRX #4

manny
06-02-2005, 10:04 PM
what's the price for the ecr? i run in the ccps and was wondering what the price of the ecr would be? thinking about running both.

manny
06-03-2005, 12:27 PM
sorry about that. i see they have them on the entry form.

JeffYoung
06-03-2005, 01:08 PM
Jmark, no Skull 260z at Charlotte. We are putting the car away for the year after CMP. Rear end and clutch are shot after the wreck at Roebling -- the diff is only driving the right side rear wheel. Made for an interesting day at Kershaw -- I probably should have parked the car.

jmark
06-04-2005, 06:44 AM

Which races will you be running in Rick, David or Mike? Doesn't mention if it is a spectator event. If you guys have room on your guest passes let me know. My son is 12 so I think he maybe free with a signed waiver. Thanks!
Guys you can email me at [email protected] if you have room on your guest list. Thanks! I just want to see the ITS events that the Z's are running in.

[This message has been edited by jmark (edited June 04, 2005).]

jmark
06-06-2005, 07:44 AM
I got this from Martin Bartlett:

Check out the club web-site, ccrscca.com for the registration page for June Jam.
It does not cost anything to get in.
Thanks.

"Boudoucies, Mark" <[email protected]> wrote:
Martin,

I am interested in checking out the IT races at Charlotte June 18th & 19th. I was wondering if there is a schedule posted somewhere and how much it cost to get in.

Thanks,

Mark

Rick_htm
06-06-2005, 06:59 PM
Hey gang. Sorry I've been in Michigan teaching roundy round racing school. Ron, shoot me that e-mail again. I think my box dumps every five days, and I've been gone six. jmark, I'm running the saturday carolina cup race. I'm #72 white with carolina blue stripe, my teammate has a lime green 2nd gen rx-7 (booooo!). You can't miss us. Stop by if you make it.

jmark
06-06-2005, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Rick_htm:
Hey gang. Sorry I've been in Michigan teaching roundy round racing school. Ron, shoot me that e-mail again. I think my box dumps every five days, and I've been gone six. jmark, I'm running the saturday carolina cup race. I'm #72 white with carolina blue stripe, my teammate has a lime green 2nd gen rx-7 (booooo!). You can't miss us. Stop by if you make it.We plan on it Rick. See ya there.

jmark
06-08-2005, 09:45 AM
Any idea about what time the CCR will begin on Sat.?

jmark
06-08-2005, 10:27 AM
Oops double post.

[This message has been edited by jmark (edited June 08, 2005).]

dspillrat
06-08-2005, 12:17 PM
What time does the CCR race start approx.?

HI Mark,
Looks like it'll be last event....Start around 3-3:30.....maybe a little later,never can tell for sure. Stuff happens to screw up the schedule a lot....nobodies fault, it just happens.
david

jmark
06-08-2005, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by dspillrat:
HI Mark,
Looks like it'll be last event....Start around 3-3:30.....maybe a little later,never can tell for sure. Stuff happens to screw up the schedule a lot....nobodies fault, it just happens.
davidDavid, Your car going to be ready?

mgreene87
06-08-2005, 03:31 PM
Who is going to be there in ITA?

dspillrat
06-11-2005, 07:18 PM
Mark,
Shoot Mackaman a email with your full name, just spoke with him today, has room on his "crew" for a extra hand....I'll be there on Saturday to help out.

David Spillman

Originally posted by dspillrat:
HI Mark,
davidDavid, Your car going to be ready?

jmark
06-12-2005, 08:51 AM
Thanks David. I may do that. Not sure what good it will do me because I'll probably have to hang out with my son (12 years old) and I am not sure what access he is allowed. He has a knee injury he got in a basketball tourney last weekend so we probably won't be doing as much walking as we would normally. I def. want to meet you guys. I tried Mike's email and it keeps getting returned.

[This message has been edited by jmark (edited June 12, 2005).]

manny
06-12-2005, 09:07 PM
any ITB guys going?

jmark
06-14-2005, 12:22 PM
David,

Haven't been able to get thru to Mike via email. He has some sort of SPAM blocker. We'll probably come up Sat. around lunch time. Hope to see you guys up there.

jmark
06-16-2005, 03:11 PM
See ya guys up there Sat. morning. Any test times from Friday?

[This message has been edited by jmark (edited June 17, 2005).]

jmark
06-19-2005, 10:14 AM
I took my son to watch the Carolina Cup IT race at Charlotte yesterday. Met David aka dspillrat who was crewing for the #23 260Z car of Mike Mackaman. David's Z isn't quite ready yet. Mike's car ran well. Also met the #72 car 240Z driver Rick aka Rick_htm and Steve the driver of the #57 240Z. There were a total of 4 Z cars running. I believe Mike & Steve finished in the top 5 of the ITS class. Had a great time and looking forward to seeing David's Z out there soon. All the Z guys helped each other out and were alot of fun to be around. It's pretty cool to see 30 + year old car running competitively with 5-10 year old cars. David & Rick great to finally meet you. Stay in touch. Looking forward to Road Atlanta in Nov.

[This message has been edited by jmark (edited June 19, 2005).]

manny
06-20-2005, 06:22 AM
what a blast. ran the ccps class on lowes and it was just such a fun race. i really do like that track. too bad they only run one race there.met some of the other drivers and really liked the whole event!

iambhooper
06-20-2005, 06:44 AM
we ran the CCPS race on Saturday and the ECR (in the rain) on Sunday, with the CRX. we both had a lot of fun... liked the track a lot, even though we don't have a horsepower car. during the CC event, Matt in the 13 Honda, Jim in the MR2 and I were drafting for several laps, and actually running 3 wide through Nascar 3 and 4!

the rain was interesting, my codriver had us well into 1st in class with the toyo full treads. we wound up 2nd after it dried up some.

what a blast! glad to get to see some of you guys and meet some i didn't know. and thanks again to Kent and Ralph for loaning me the video tape friday!

hoop

------------------
hoop
Greensboro, NC
White ITC Honda CRX #4

jmark
06-20-2005, 08:04 AM
When & where will results be posted for the two days?

Parrish57
06-20-2005, 08:10 AM
That was a blast! I had a good run in the CCPS race, although I got my first ever penalty in SCCA racing. I finished 3rd in ITS but was penalized 1 finishing position for a short pit stop. I was short by .14 seconds!? I suppose the rules are the rules. Anyway, I drove all of the practice qual and race on Saturday and Bryan came out to run the ECR on Sunday. He started the car in the rain and I took over after the track dried out. Thanks to the 86 crew for the tire change.
It was great to meet some of the people from this board, although I didn't really have that much time to sit and talk. Keeping a 35 year old car down in the 1:26.7 lap times takes a lot of work!

Steve Parrish
ITS 57
Silver Z

jmark
06-20-2005, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Parrish57:
That was a blast! I had a good run in the CCPS race, although I got my first ever penalty in SCCA racing. I finished 3rd in ITS but was penalized 1 finishing position for a short pit stop. I was short by .14 seconds!? I suppose the rules are the rules. Anyway, I drove all of the practice qual and race on Saturday and Bryan came out to run the ECR on Sunday. He started the car in the rain and I took over after the track dried out. Thanks to the 86 crew for the tire change.
It was great to meet some of the people from this board, although I didn't really have that much time to sit and talk. Keeping a 35 year old car down in the 1:26.7 lap times takes a lot of work!

Steve Parrish
ITS 57
Silver ZSteve, It was nice to meet you too. Stopped by to look over the car but you were busy. Your Z is very nice and quick too. I was the dark haired guy with the 12 year old son hanging out at Mike's car. How did you finish in the ECR? I didn't realize you are from Rock Hill, SC. We live in Greer SC.

[This message has been edited by jmark (edited June 20, 2005).]

Fastfred92
06-20-2005, 10:14 AM
Anybody see any photo guys at Lowes this weekend??? I need a couple shots for a sponsor.....

------------------
Fred Alphin
#92 Hankook Tire SSB VW GTI VR6
BMW 325i ITS ( 2006 ? )

manny
06-20-2005, 12:33 PM
just wanted to say that a fun time was had by all.great racing in the ccps class. great track to do it on.and i would like to give a wave back to all of the drivers that gave a wave back to me as i waved them by.BTW i was the back marker in the yellow ITB mustang. great show, thumbs up!