PDA

View Full Version : Alabama Region Double SARRC

chuck baader
06-01-2005, 02:32 PM
Forms for the race at Roebling Road have been posted to the ALSCCA.org web site. At this time they are in .pdf format but will be modified next week to include Word. Hope to see everyone there. Chuck Baader, Alabama Region SCCA Registrar

madrabbit15
06-03-2005, 08:57 AM
am I understanding the schedule correctly? Is there only one practice/qualifying session and then the race?

chuck baader
06-03-2005, 10:51 AM
Yes, the same schedule as the Jim Stark earlier this year. With the number of entries and time required to get cars on/off the track, the combined session actually worked better and gave me more track time than separate sessions. (and we didn't run out of time during the day)

------------------
Chuck Baader
#36 ITA E30 BMW
Alabama Region Divisional Registrar

JeffYoung
06-03-2005, 11:11 AM
You'll like the race schedule. You go out and qual in the morning, race in the afternoon. Very compact schedule. If you need practice, come to the test day before hand.

The Alabama Gang ran a great show at Barber last year; really looking forward to them doing this weekend at Roebling. Should be a lot of fun.

DavidM
06-03-2005, 04:48 PM
So what are the best places to stay at around Roebling? This'll be my first trip down there and I was wondering if anybody had hotel recommendations.

Also, will the track be open thursday to set-up for the friday practice? If so, what's the latest time you can get in? I may not get there till 11 or 12 pm and am wondering if I can drop the trailer off at the track or will have to haul it with me to the hotel. Sorry if this is covered in the race docs, but I must have missed it if it is.

This'll be only my second race weekend and my first away from home (I live only 40 mins away from Road Atlanta) so any other tips are appreciated.

Thanks.

David

JeffYoung
06-03-2005, 04:54 PM
David, no problem. Welcome to Roebling...great race track and the Buccaneer and Alabama folks are good people.

Check the supps on the web page Chuck listed for track opening/closing information. It will tell you when you can get it in but typcially the track is open the night before a test day.

Best hotels can be found in Pooler. There are three or four midrange hotels (a Jameson Inn, a Best Western and a Days Inn I believe) grouped togethr right off the highway about 5 miles from the track. Exit is the one for the Mighty 8th Air Force museum, which is cool in and of itself.

Stay there is my recommendation. Rooms are pretty cheap -- $70 or so. Decent food in Pooler -- BBQ, pizza, and Savannah is only 15 minutes away.

I really like Roebling weekends. Cool track, great racing and FUN city to party in.

tom_sprecher
06-03-2005, 05:26 PM
If memeory serves me right the gates close at 10, and don't be late as the track manager does not tolerant stragglers, trust me on this.

The track is usually open the day before "test day" as they run a private test day on Thursday. You can get in at about 5pm.

The practice/qualify then race is needed to allow time for people to get in and out of the track. You have to cross the track to get in as everything is on the infield. On Sundays, especially late in the day with everyone leaving, this process can take some time so get in line ASAP as I have had to wait through two races because I was at the end of the line. http://ITForum.ImprovedTouring.com/frown.gif

------------------
Tom Sprecher
Team SuperTech

chuck baader
06-04-2005, 08:02 AM
Tom is correct, the usual window of access is between 5pm and 10pm....DON'T BE LATE!!! However, if the track is not rented the Thursday before, you can get access anytime during the day. Call the track and ask. Chuck

DavidM
06-10-2005, 01:30 PM
Got a couple more questions. Here's what the supplemental documentation says on passes:

Each entry is entitled to five passes, including driver and entrant. Crewmembers who are not SCCA members will be
required to purchase full membership at Registration to gain access to the trackside of the pit fence. Only three crewmembers will
be allowed on the trackside of the pit fence. Membership cards must be presented at Registration in order to enter the facility.
Members and race staff are limited to one guest each.

If I read this correctly, I only get five passes total including myself. So my "team" can only be a total of five people. Yet the entry form has space for five crew members, which would be seven people including entrant and driver. So how many crew can I have?

Then it says "Members and race staff are limited to one guest each". My wife and I are SCCA members so can we each have one guest? And are these guests on top of the five team members?

Also, do all my team members have to be SCCA members? The supps make it sound like they only need to be SCCA members if they want to be on the track side of the pit fence. I may have a couple people come help out who aren't SCCA members. Are they going to be forced to become members?

Sorry for the questions, but the documentation isn't very clear for someone who's never been to the track before.

David

chuck baader
06-10-2005, 02:52 PM
David...5 guests. That means entrant, driver, and 5 crew only. (would think that is enough http://ITForum.ImprovedTouring.com/smile.gif Due to insurance, the membership requirment has been added. You can, however, get a trial membership at registration which can be converted to full membership at a discount (first year only) to cover most any situation.

Please be aware of the minor waver rules if you have minor children that will be with you. Go to www.alscca.org (http://www.alscca.org) and look at the article "Do you ever have minor children at the track" for more information.

We certainly want you and all your family and friends to attend and will do everything possible to accomodate you.

------------------
Chuck Baader
#36 ITA E30 BMW

DavidM
06-10-2005, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the clarification. I may have 4 other people including myself and my wife (she gets to be the entrant) so I should be ok. The having to be a member thing kinda stinks, but I understand the insurance implications. So how much is one of these trial memberships?

David

chuck baader
06-10-2005, 08:55 PM
David, I stand corrected. It is a "temporary membership". They are FREE and good for 90 days. If the person decides to join within the 90 days, he/she will receive $15.00 off their full SCCA membership. See ya'll at Roebling.

------------------
Chuck Baader
#36 ITA E30 BMW

chuck baader
06-10-2005, 08:56 PM
David, I stand corrected. It is a "temporary membership". They are FREE and good for 90 days. If the person decides to join within the 90 days, he/she will receive $15.00 off their full SCCA membership. See ya'll at Roebling.

------------------
Chuck Baader
#36 ITA E30 BMW