PDA

View Full Version : Jack Smith - Atlanta Area IT Racer - Anyone know?

Ron Earp
04-28-2005, 06:33 PM
Jack Smith, an Atlanta area SCCA IT racer is reported to have run a Jensen Healey in IT trim around 1997 or 1998. Anyone heard of this guy, know him, or know how to contact him? Or, did anyone ever see the car run or have some times on it? I'd always heard rumors of the car but have never met anyone who has seen it or seen it run. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks,

------------------
Ron Earp
NC Region
Ford Lightning
RF GT40 Replica
Jensen-Healey ITS
1/2 a 260Z ITS

Super Swift
04-29-2005, 11:54 AM
I think the car was built by Robinson Racing.

I did see it but run, but... either the car or the driver was not up to speed.

I only remember seeing it at the track once. So... He may have gone HSR or Prod soon after.

Good Luck! I hope to see yours at CMP.
-ben

afav74
04-30-2005, 10:59 PM
I know him and the car. what are you looking for?

Originally posted by rlearp:
Jack Smith, an Atlanta area SCCA IT racer is reported to have run a Jensen Healey in IT trim around 1997 or 1998. Anyone heard of this guy, know him, or know how to contact him? Or, did anyone ever see the car run or have some times on it? I'd always heard rumors of the car but have never met anyone who has seen it or seen it run. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks,

Ron Earp
04-30-2005, 11:05 PM
Well, just about anything. I'd like to know how the car did, why it didn't race more than it did, is it race worthy now, what pitfalls are in store for a JH in IT, basica setup, things to avoid - you name it, I'd like to know it! Basically I'd love to talk to the fellow and just ask him a bunch of questions about the JH. Does he still plan to race his? Many questions. Thanks much,

Ron

------------------
Ron Earp
NC Region
Ford Lightning
RF GT40 Replica
Jensen-Healey ITS
1/2 a 260Z ITS

jvarble
05-09-2005, 04:20 PM
Ron
call mike spencer in the atlanta area,
770 436 3157
he was involved with the building of the car your asking about and shares a shop with jack, who by the way is racing a 3rd. gen rx 7 @ this time in the sarrc series.
i think he still has the car.