PDA

View Full Version : ITE?

manny
04-13-2005, 08:33 AM
is ITE still a class in the scca? and if so can you run the stock fuel injection? do you have to have a fuel cell? car in question is a 1991 for mustang.

thanks in advance.

dave parker
04-13-2005, 08:40 AM
Manny
ITE is a regional only class. That means that some regions recognize it and some don't. Each region has different rules for ITE.

Best advice, contact the region that you race with and see if they allow ITE cars.

In the Washington DC Region the ITE class is stable with at least 10 cars showing up each race weekend.

Cheers
dave
WDCR ITC#97

Chris Wire
04-13-2005, 05:07 PM
Manny,

ITE is not recognized in SeDiv that I know of.

Anything that might be a candidate gets pushed into SPO/SPU, which requires a fuel cell and fire system. Beyond that almost anything goes in Super Production.

------------------
Chris Wire
Team Wire Racing
ITS Mazda RX7 #35
[email protected]

Ron Earp
04-14-2005, 04:52 AM
Doesn't appear that ITE is competitive. I mean, if you stuff cars that don't fit in ITS,A,B,C into "E" then you're going to end up with a hodge podge of cars - some overdogs, and it would appear easy to win. Might have this wrong since I don't have experience with it but it would appear that this could easily happen.

------------------
Ron Earp
NC Region
Ford Lightning
RF GT40 Replica
Jensen-Healey ITS
1/2 a 260Z ITS

Bryan Watts
04-14-2005, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by rlearp:
Doesn't appear that ITE is competitive.

It's not necessarily meant to be...it's simply a class that gives folks a place to run their cars from other series with SCCA.