PDA

View Full Version : Fan Appreciation Tour

its66
11-16-2004, 10:01 AM
FYI, I found this today.

Jim

Associated Press
Lakeland, Fl-November 15, 2004-It is rumored that on November 26, 2004 Mike Cox plans to announce his "Fan Appreciation-Farewell Tour." Reliable sources have reported that he will run a limited schedule for 2005 so that he can get back to enjoying racing. These same sources claim that he will also announce the debut of a new race series. The Wheelchair Race League (sorry Mike and Kip) will feature spec prepped electric wheelchairs against "lark" type mobility devices. The lark vehicles will carry voltage restrictors to balance the performance. After the first year of competition, WCA's (wheelchair Comp Adjustments) may be made to balance performance and competition.

Hotshoe
11-16-2004, 11:32 AM
.... Knowing Mike he will want to use his Gel Cel battery...LOL Just to keep the slosh from hurting him in the corners
.... Man, I can't stand it...
.. Does the 5" minumum height requirement apply? ... He may not pass....ROFL
.. Does it have the optional Defibrillator? That way he can get a good "JUMP" at the start.

I Gotta Stop.....I know he's gonna call...Ring ,Ring....See Ya

Junktech
11-16-2004, 03:23 PM
Just found another press release:

Nov. 16 2004

Simpson announces new line of safety equipment for the W.R.L. which includes:
-drivers suit with integrated Depends liners.
-extra tall nomex socks designed to improve circulation, available in bright orange, green and of course plaid.
-drivers shoes with extra sole support.
-balaclava with built in oxygen tube to nose
-helmet with brim built in completely around helmet, also fits nicely in rear window of crown victoria.

Man is this fun http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/biggrin.gif

Hotshoe
11-16-2004, 04:05 PM
Hey Guys:

....I heard this afternoon that Brunswick was going to sign on as his sponsor. Considering they are the #1 BALL supplier for the PBA. They should be able to help him out.
....Wait a minute, I hear my answering machine, is it, uh oh better go, you know who.

chuck baader
11-16-2004, 04:59 PM
Ya'll check out www.bullsballs.com...prehaps (http://www.bullsballs.com...prehaps) he needs these for racing chair!!! http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif Chuck

bodyshop
11-16-2004, 05:39 PM
Mike should be careful with copyright infringement.

http://www.wheelchairmodifications.org/rac..._wheelchair.htm (http://www.wheelchairmodifications.org/race_wheelchair.htm)

check these guys out.

Fred

Mike Cox
11-16-2004, 08:42 PM
Wheelchair Racing League? you have to be kidding me. One day you guys will join me there.

That's it. All Mazdas to impound now, We're gonna start checking with the lolipop.

Gee, I'm gonna really like being a steward. You guys are now in for a world of hurt.

Was that a red IT7 that jumped the start?

Or a red and white second gen that passed under yellow?

and we won't even talk about that red honda.

so keep it up guys.

I can take it.

As for the "Fan appreciation - Farewell tour" I'll now have time to find all those little tricks Ricky has and make my car faster than his. and when we go to Mid-Ohio next year we will have some fun showing those boys what real IT7's run like.

Ahhhh .................power...........

I can't wait till you guys have to come see me in the Stewards room and explain yourself. I'll patiently sit and listen and then...............................

Dave: Alana said you have to find another driver to stay with since stewards and drivers can't mix. Somebody might think I'd show you favoritism during a protest and after this, you know I won't.

Jim, you know we are friends off the track , but now I'm really gonna watch you close. (or maybe I'll just hang out with Julie while you're on the track)

[This message has been edited by Mike Cox (edited November 16, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by Mike Cox (edited November 16, 2004).]

Hotshoe
11-16-2004, 09:21 PM
Mike:

...About time you found this...LOL

...You have already seen the speed secret in my car........ ME ...hahahahahahah

its66
11-17-2004, 12:19 AM
Bring that lollipop on. All three of my rotor housings are legal. http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

Hotshoe
"Mike:
...About time you found this...LOL"

Ricky,
Obviously, Mike's reaction time isn't what it used to be. It took him all day to find this. And I think he was even led to the site. Perhaps, his decision is the best one. We should give him the respect our elders deserve. http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif

Jim

p.s. we all know Mike would think we didn't like him if we missed this opportunity for harrasment.

Hotshoe
11-17-2004, 01:17 PM
..Just like a prisoner on "Death Row" I knew the "Governor" was going to call.
..The one separated from the heard graced me with his presence..
..Such an HONOR .....Enough of that bull......

...Good to hear from you Mike.....

...Always...... Rick

944racer
11-19-2004, 09:17 AM
Hey Mike,
I guess you will be able to take care of a few things that happen at the track now. Couldn't do anything about before. You know what I am talking about??
Andy

Hotshoe
12-21-2004, 10:28 AM
Mike:

...Let me get you under contract. Call me (919-921-6050) I'll make you an offer you can't refuse.....LOL

...Never know when you might need some help. Might have some fish to fry.........

Mike Cox
12-31-2004, 08:00 PM
NOTICE:

I have had a change of heart. (no smart ass remarks)

After spending one day with the stewards, I have decided that it is not for me. How can anyone sit on their asses for an entire day doing nothing but debating the rules and complain that they have to get up and walk 2 doors down to get a cold drink.

Racers are racers, stewards are not racers. They are judges how interpret the rules in their own way. I would much rather decide it on the track.

I witnessed these gentlemen decide to hold a number of spec miata drivers for one lap during qualifying for having there passenger window rolled up during practice. This created a very dangerous (IMHO) situation as those miata drivers went onto a hot track with other miatas at racing speed with hot tires and the offending drivers had to get up to speed to quick.

Secondly, to wait for 3 laps before calling for a full course caution when a driver has crashed in turn one (very fast left hander past the front straight) and is being attending to by ambulance and rescue workers on the outside of the turn is close to being the most dangerous thing I have seen happen in a long time.

For those reasons (and others), I will not be in the stewards program. I feel I can better serve my fellow drivers by being on a corner looking out for them and in the car competeing against them.

Hotshoe
01-01-2005, 12:33 AM
Mike,

...Your back.... had to be the longest lasting anesthetic on record. Glad it finally wore off.
...Must have been the Kumhos. No way you could have gotten a GRIP on yourself using Toyos.....LOL.
...Now if you go to the kitchen and get in the Hoosier cabinet you can get something that will really get you to cooking.

...Happy New Year...

steve s
02-28-2005, 02:00 PM
mike it's nice to have you back at the races.enjoy racing with you. had a blast this weekend .
you haven't lost it i guess you showed the young guys a thing or two.don't hang it up buddy see you next time at the races.

------------------
steve saney
it-7 /it-a #34

Mike Cox
03-08-2005, 03:52 PM
Steve,

Thank you, I too enjoy racing with you. Didn't do to bad for no 4th gear and a broken master cylinder on Sunday. At least I didn't hit anybody but Paul and I tried a few times. We just kept missing each other.

Glad to be back driving and looking forard to running the enduro at Daytona.

Damn it felt good to go fast again.